DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Probably not enforceable under UK law but where is the contract set? If the owner was shown to be in Florida and the booking done on that basis the contract may come under Florida law and I've no idea what that says.
I booked with a UK-based company...

It really bugged me that I received an email with new t&cs on the day that I arrived in the villa!
So is there any significantly worse condition?

Do they have a website and if so is it updated as well?
You agreed to the terms and conditions on booking the holiday and those should be the only ones enforcable. How different are the new ones?
The main one that I can see is that the new T&Cs state that we needed to report any issues with the villa by 4pm on the day following arrival at the latest...

Luckily we didn't have any problems, but I don't know what they would expect you to do if, for example, the washing machine had an issue as I don't tend to do any washing on the 1st or 2nd day of a holiday! I just wanted to give them some feedback about changing T&Cs after booking, but wanted to check that I was correct in saying that they're not allowed to first.

My main issue with them is that we've been charged for cleaning of the BBQ when we left it in the same state as it was found. Unfortunately in my naivety I didn't report this to the management company as a slightly soiled piece of foil under the grill isn't that much of an issue to me. We've been charged £40 for the cleaning of the BBQ (cost wasn't stated in original T&Cs, but is in new ones, presume that doesn't make a difference though?) which I can accept, but they've also charged a £30 admin fee! Bearing in mind that they had my money in the security deposit in the first place it seems a bit steep.

I think I'm just going to have to suck it up though as it states in the T&Cs that they will charge an admin fee for deductions from deposit, it just doesn't state the fact that it'll be the most expensive email you ever receive ;)
Their prices seemed to have been pitched as somewhere between rip-off and not-worth-wasting-time-chasing. I'd be annoyed but would simply avoid them in future.
Thanks Steve, that's what I thought I would do. I am going to give them some feedback about the changes to the T&Cs and admin fee too. It's a bit of a shame as the villa was very nice!! (I'm going to mention that bit in my email to them too).
The rules of this board do allow you to name the company........
Thanks again Steve.

The company is Heritage Harbour Rentals.

I've now responded to them regarding the excessive admin fee and pointed out that obviously they know that they cannot change the booking conditions once the contract has been formed ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.