Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
there are some, but most of the shops in Sharm are franchises for Adidas, Benetton etc. I wouldn't rely on buying your holiday wardrobe when you get there, like you can in turkey.... you'd be better off going to Primark or Peacocks here!
As this is our first time i didnt want to be ripped off paying for originals and finding our they were fakes.
Are the originals cheaper there ?

Primark and peacocks no thanks!!
Hi Sam, when I was in sharm in October we went into a few of the sports shops and we found the prices to be about the same as here if not slightly more expensive. I dont remember seeing anywhere that sold fake stuff, although we did come across some flip-flops that had NILE writen across them,instead of nike :lol: but they were quite obvious fakes. Lynne.
sorry Sam..... I was just thinking along the lines of people who travel light and buy fashion on arrival as is done in turkey!!!! I wasn't guessing on your style or budget!

There are a few "replica" bag shops..... good for haggling if you like that sort of thing!

Talking of bad spelling...... saw a guy in a "Reebok" top - on the back it said in big letters - CAMPION - :shock:
And I have seen Primark "Atmosphere" goods in Carrefour in Alexandria!!!!!
Thanks for the info.
Hi Sam

When we went to Hurghada over Christmas there were a lot of shops selling fakes I bought a tommy hoodie a puma hoodie and a nike top I was charged 100LE = £10.00 for the Tommy and 80LE = £8.00 for the other two. I was happy they havent fallen apart after being washed either quite good quality. Also they sold them at Hurghada airport for much the same price.

Dawn :)
we were in sharm for xmas and new year and my boyfriend bought 2 pairs of deisel jeans and a deisel hooded jumper for £55 english pounds- they are fakes but they are really good fakes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.