Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Bellys

We didnt have any problems we went to the poorer part of the town in the day they shout hello and ask if you want to look but you just say no thanks and carry on if you do want something and dont want to go into the shop just point they will bring it out to you, you can then have a good haggle. On the whole they seem really nice people. Sakala square is more upmarket proper shops boutiques and is a lot more expensive we also went to this area at night and felt quite safe there are police everywhere. So dont worry you will be fine

Dawn :)
Thanks for that Dawnlee. It has put my mind at rest especially as I will be taking my children with me and I didin't want to expose them to any danger.

Bellys
Went to Hurghada in Oct, whilst we weren't locked in any shops I didn't find it a pleasant experience :?

You do get harrassed a lot, agree with dawnlee about Sakala square but even then it is not all that brilliant but certainly a better part to go.

I found Hurghada a bit Dirty/tacky :? Have been to Sharm and Taba and found these to be much better resorts for the English...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.