Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi. It can come as part of a Thomson (and probably most othr TOPS) excursion and costs something like 25e for adults and 17e for kids.

It is a show (in Salou/Cap Salou) suitable for all audiences.

Just sit at a a table (with free beer and soft drinks on tap) and watch a show with plenty of tricks includying escapes, card tricks as well as a large variety of different shows. I think a meal is included as well.

Sounds very good, and i came so close to going but went for the bad idea of portaventura.
i was in salou at the beginning of may and it was offered as an excursion by the sunset/thomas cook rep but never managed to go and see it... but the rep said hed done it and said it was pretty good! but its next to capeallans beach in salou! I have to agree with chengster though probably a better idea than going to port aventura especially at weekends!
thanks for your replies i must ask did you not rate the theme park
i didnt (maybe cos im not a theme park person) even though i love Blackpool Pleasure beach (and think Camelot/Alton Towers/Southport pleasureland are ok/average)

i dunno about rach? (but i think the house of illusions sounds very good)

>PS will post the thomson details about the house of illusions in the morning when i unpack...
Hi,

Didnt go to the show but saw one of the house magicians when he came to the welcome meet and must admit he was pretty damm good, spent a lot of time later with my kids teaching them simple tricks which they loved. They belong to RGB entertainment group who have a site
http://www.everythingents.com you will find more info there.

We went to the park last year and must admit I hated the getting in bit and the queues for the first rides, but then I discovered the fast pass system which works well and also the quieter times of day ie. around fivish when everyone goes home for dinner but before a lot of the evening people come in was really good for getting onto the bigger rides (did the Dragon Khan three times on the bounce without having to queue more than a couple of mins) We went for two days one from 11 to approx 8.0 and the second 5 till midnight and thought it was realy good. The food is reasonabley priced and there was pleanty to keep my two amused.

we are going to do it again this year, would really like to do a long weekend with cheap flights and accomodation later in the year (bet it works out cheaper than a couple of days in Blackpool!).

Have a good time we did.

Rob 8)
chengster youre right im no theme park addict either and the park was ok for a walk through and i also think it would probably be better best friend if you do go to get the express tickets which are well worth it as my son and partner queued for over an hour for one ride and still wasnt half way down the queue and people with the express tickets were walking on the rides in front of them! which we didnt think was very fair and CERTAINLY do NOT go at weekends as the spanish go every weekend and theres thousands of them! we asked about the spanish back in salou itself and everyone says the spanish buy the season tickets!! :shock: we considering going back again but will be different things ie house of illusion,glass bottomed boat etc, and if the house of illusion is as good as russell himself it will be fantastic
thanks we are buyng the 14 day passes for theme park and are intending only going in the evenings so hopefully it wont be so busy
Hi,

Just to give you some updated information on house of illusion. The price is now 35euros for adults and 25euros for kids. It was right near our hotel and I spoke to one of the magicians there who was very friendly. They run two shows a night, one at 7.30pm to 10.30pm, the other 11pm to 1am, this may ofcourse change in the peak season. The gentleman was very nice and did infact turn up at our hotel the following night as our entertainer and was excellent and for this reason we didn't go to the show. It was also quite alot to pay for 5 of us for just a couple of hours entertainment.

I am sure anyone that goes will enjoy it as the people did on leaving the show that night.

Sue
thanks sue i also have a 1 year old surley not 25 euros for him do you know
thanks
Is this as one person said, including a dinner? Sounds like a bargain if so.
You don't have to pay for one year olds.

Yes it does include your meal and some drinks. It is a good price really, just that with there being so many of us, it would be a lot to pay out for a couple of hours.

Enjoy it, if you go.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.