France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Depends on where you're looking and whether it has a private pool, air conditioning. etc

For the time of year you are quoting, HIGH SEASON and school holidays, I would think that £2000 is a very good price for this type of villa!
Sounds quite resonable to me, comparing it to the 1,650 pounds I paid last year for a good quality one bedroomed apartment in the Algarve for a fortnight in July. You are getting a lot more accommodation for the money.

Normally a villa with 5 beds would be meant for two families, so it's only really 500 per week per family.

Doe
Thank you for that! Having never been to France I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!
Some "villas" are nice homes with garden and swimming pool. They can be less expensive, even in July. Location and distance can require you to have transportation.

4 Bedroom Rental in Puget sur Durance, Provence Luberon
Jun 01 2008 Jun 30 2008 6 - EUR 1,350
(212) 255-8018
Jul 01 2008 Jul 18 2008 6 - EUR 1,620
(212) 255-8018
Sep 01 2008 Sep 30 2008 6 - EUR 1,215

This quiet house with a garden under the pine trees is located in the Luberon region in a very peaceful area. It is composed of a 90 m2 main house and an additional 2 bedroom apartment. It can accommodate 6 people.

The layout is as follows :
-Ground floor :
The 60 m2 living room faces the garden, it is decorated with a fireplace and terracotta tiles. It is furnished with a cupboard a rectangle dining table, a sofa, three armchairs and a coffee table.

The open kitchen is equipped with most necessary utensils and house ware.
It is equipped with a round table, a small electric oven, and 4 gas burners and an extractor, a refrigerator and freezer, a dishwasher, a coffee maker and a toaster.

The ground floor has two 10 m2 bedrooms.
The first one is furnished with a double bed, and is equipped with a washbasin. The second bedroom is furnished with a single bed.

- First Floor :

The stairs give access to two more bedrooms and cosy 15 m2 living room over looking the ground floor living room. It is furnished with two sofas, two armchairs and a coffee table and a TV.
You then have access to a 10m2 bedroom each with two single bed with access to a bathroom with a washbasin, a French bidet, a tub, and a separate wc.

The garden is very peaceful and down the stairs you will a separate two bedroom apartment.
The layout is as follows :
The first 7m2 is furnished with two single beds, a small desk and a built in closet.
The second 9m2 bedroom is also furnished with two single beds and a wardrobe.
These rooms share a bathroom with a washbasin, a shower, a washing machine and a toilet.

There is a swimming pool (9Mx5M).

Neighborhood :

Puget, Vaucluse is a nice village in the Luberon region, famous for it's landscapes and villages overlooking the valley and the ‘ Parc Régional du Luberon'.

Acces :
70 km from Marseilles, 20 km from Pertuis, 35 km from Aix en Provence, 55 km from Avignon and 30 km from Cavaillon.
You can get to Puget by road or by train (TGV to Avignon or Aix). You can also fly to Avignon or Marseilles and drive from there.
Travail - do you work in the travel industry in France or relating to France?
I have rented large villas/gites a number of times for multi family groups and £2000 for 2 weeks in english school holidays sounds a reasonable deal - dependant on location/pool etc.

In Brittany the going rate for a large gite (sleeping 16ish) with own pool and large grounds in decent location is about £2k/week
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.