France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi- we stayed in Paris and visited Disney for the day by train. The trains were a bit confusing as there were 2 almost identical routes but only one was direct- needless to say we got on the wrong one! It was quite a few years ago now so maybe different. The station was very convenient for Disney. In 3 days I am sure you will see all the daytime attractions, but will you feel like staying later in the evening when you still have an hour's journey to get back to your hotel? Although went 2ce to Disney, we never saw any of the evening attractions. Could 2 nights in Disney resort and 3 in Paris be an option?
kate
I agree with Kate - I would go for a hotel close to Disney during your time in the parks - it doesn't have to be a disney hotel - eg the Kyriad is served by the disney buses but is much cheaper, or go for one of the campaniles etc on the RER line close by.

Gill
There are also the Ibis and Etap hotels at Val d'Europe, which are right at the entrance to the train station there, which is literally 3 minutes and one stop from the gates of Disneyland.

The associated hotels (just offsite, and served by a free shuttle to the parks) are the Kyriad, Holiday Inn, Dream Castle, and the my travel Explorers. All of these have a theme, and do feel quite like you are part of the Magic.

Try sites like Expedia and Benotel to get prices for the hotels (Expedia also have Disney onsite hotels for sale too).

Elaine
I stayed at the Formula 1 at Esbly, near Meaux, on two occasions when I went to Disneyland without paying the extra to stay in the hotels - but I was driving.
Last year we visited Disneyland Paris. Me, the wife and 2 kids. 3 days was just about right, 2 days in the main park and 1 in the studios.
I found the cheapest way to pay, was to buy the tickets in advance from a Disney store. Luckily we have one not too far away.
I drove over myself and we stayed in a static caravan at a campsite called Camping les Etangs Fleuris at a village called Touquin. We booked it through Canvas Holidays. It was about 30 minutes easy drive from the site into Disneyland.
We found it was great to have the peace and quiet of the campsite at night after the hectic days at the park.
We all enjoyed it more than we thought we would.
we have stayed outside of disney twice and got the train direct which took around 30 mins, but im looking to book again now my daughters just turned 9, she was only 4 last time and she can remember bits,but shes at a lovely age now so we are going to try and stay on site, they have an offer on some dates kids under 12 free so this will help and the passes are included in the hotel prices , it will be more magical for the kids having breakfast with minnie mouse etc, we going to book up for 3 nights and it will be nice to see if its worth the extra lol
Onsite can actually work out cheaper than offsite - I've stayed onsite 4 times, and only once offsite, because it was actually more expensive to stay offsite :que .

As ellie meg says, Disney onsite hotels often have children free/nights free offers. When you add on the price of park tickets, it does sometime work out no more expensive staying onsite.

Its all about crunching those numbers!
We stayed in the New York Hotel when we visted Euro Disney for the weekend, and yes the price of the rooms was cheap enough, it was the price of the meals and Drinks, that made it Soooo expensive, i needed a second motgage to pay for a round of drinks :que
well ive booked it and staying in the sequoia lodge for 3 nights was £372 for 2 adults and 2 free kids b&b and 4 days of passes each, we got 2 for 3 nights offer too, so i think this is fairly good as the passes are worth at least £350 for the 4 of us for 4 days, so on this occasion staying outside would be dearer if you wanted a few days, and transportaion too
Thats a good price ellie meg - are you off to The Magic soon :D ?

Elaine
no, we going in march could have got a similar price 4th jan for 2 nights but decided to go for the 1 free night offer, not too bad a price
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.