Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
bejay,

A colleague has used them a couple of times and is in Lake Garda (not litterally!) at the moment travelling with them. He's always said they've had no problems.

Darren
cheers Darren was also looking at Garda.
I've used them for short breaks in the U.K. and have always found them to be reliable and good value for money.
I have just returned from a Newmarket Holydays Italian 7 Cities tour. Italy was beautiful and well worth seeing but I would not recommend Newmarket and will never use them again. The first hotel, the Bristol, was in Riva del Garda which was an hours drive from Verona which had to be driven through each day so in all there were six wasted hours going up and down the same road. Air conditioning was fitted but we were told it was not working but the truth came out in that it was not turned on because 'it was not hot enough' Rooms were very small and noisy. Food was OK. The second hotel, The Cristallo in Chianciano Terme, had hard floors in the bedrooms which made it very noisy and the food was appalling. Time at each of the cities was very limited because of the daily distance travelled to stay in a cheap hotel. I felt that Newmarket Holidays should be renamed 'Downmarket Holidays'. I would rather pay a reasonable amount more for better quality and have a far more positive holday experience.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.