Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Advice needed!
11 Posts
Try Loule market and Slide and Splash near Lagoa for the water park.
Hi Buttons, Have a look at Quarteira market its on every Wednesday and is about 20 minutes from Albufeira going east towards Vilamoura. The market is in two sections, fruit,veg & livestock, situated nearer to the fishermans beach & the main market is just past the bus-station on the same side. Albufeira has a market every 1st and 3rd tuesday of the month. Regards Jayjan
Dolphin watching in Lagos was great as well! Worth going if you like the water
Thanks Everybody for your help!
Anybody got an opinion on which market is best? Not looking for anything in particular just souveniers etc.
Hi Buttons the markets are all good, but I personally like Quarteira, plus you can have a look around the resort while you are bargain hunting.Lots of restaurants/bars and a nice promenade, but very residential so you get lots of high rise blocks which spoils it. Regards Jayjan
Thanks for your help Jayjan. Have you been to the Loule market? If you have, how does it compare with Quarteira?
Tinagina, do you go out on a boat to see the dolphins, and would you get close to them?

*buttons*
Hi Buttons. Loule is a lovely interesting town but the markets (Fruit Veg/gypsy) are well apart from each other and the gyspy market is not as big as Quarteira. I prefer Quarteira myself. Cheers Jayjan.
Thanks I think i will go with Quarteira, Oh and, Last question, is the market in Albufeira, the one thats on Tuesday. Is that just vegetables and other food or is it gypsy as well?

*buttons*
Hi Buttons, Its mainly a gypsy market, you do get the odd plant & flower stalls. There are a few cafe stalls in the middle of the market if you fancy Chicken Piri Piri for lunch (Eating it with your fingers by the way) no posh knifes & forks. Remember Albufeira is only on on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, it is situated up the road from the fire station (Bomberios) (on the traffic lights) go right to the top of the road and you will see it on the left hand side. Cheers Jayjan
*buttons*
Regarding your question on the dolphin trip from Lagos marina, have a look at:< http://www.dolphinseafaris.com > If you're really lucky the dolphins will swim right up to the boat and you'll get a good close-up view.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.