France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
hi sweething

i have put some links on this thread about jersey/guernsey.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=471499&highlight=#471499

the best of our weather is normally june /july/aug.but we have been known to have indian summers in sept.

i will have a look around for you ,and post you some hotel sites

Is it a nice for people my age to get over there and back, safely?

both islands are relativly safe

there is no time difference

irene
ok thank you, i did also just find a thread about theses 2 places too. Thank you very much also.
Hi there, you'll find the islands people are very friendly, and because they're only small islands, the pace is quiet, so you won't get stressed out getting places! The airports are fairly small so it will be easy to find your way out.

Personally we have found Jersey more laid-back and friendly, while Guernsey tries to be more up-market but lots of people disagree with me about this!

There is no time difference, and as Channel highlander says, the best time is the summer. But you'll find the islands have a micro-climate of their own, and the weather can change quite fast, i.e. what starts out to be a dull day can suddenly brighten up in the afternoon.

And again because the island is small, you're never far from the beach if the weather does suddenly improve (not that it's bad usually, anyway). And in summer it is light until quite late in the evening.

Hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.