Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Just got back from Beni and can HONESTLY say that, apart from a few more hoops shirts than would normally be seen, the supposed influx of fans had little or no impact on our hols.
The Irish bars were busier than most others and the shops had green and white everything in the windows, otherwise they all acted like angels.

As for a flop....compared with what.
As for a flop....compared with what

Hi Spottycat ... "flop" appears to refer to the specially created Celtic Village, which according to reports, failed to draw the anticipated tens of thousands of fans away from the main hub of the resort.

I'm sure Benidorm as a whole will have benefited from the convention, especially hotels, bars and restaurants - but perhaps not the Celtic Village, which was intended to be the main venue.

David :wave
:D jst back from benidorm yesterday soooo good the convention was ok tho the village was empty when we went up :shock: but every single pub club n bar was full of celtic fans :D really friendly peepo not 1 arrest as far as i heard, dnt think i will go back in may as it rain'd for about 3 days solid and it was up to your knees :P
Shame about the rain Laureen - i was there from 13th to the 21st of May and it was in the 80's every single day - had fanastic weather - glad we went when we did if the heavens opened
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.