Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
erm..... tricky question but they are both nearly the same and it doesnt matter what you go on but i would rather go on the spanair 320 because i have never been on the md-83 so i dont know what it is like sorry:(

have a nice time which ever airline you fly with hehe:P
both have good safety records ..they would not be flying if not, and pilots certainly would not risk their own life's if there was anything dodgy about them from memory the MD is a smaller aircraft
MD 83 has 2no engines on the back of the fuselage and are very noisy used alot by Alitalia short haul. I used them entensively Austrian Airlines Tunisia to Vienna when I worked in Libya.
As Wizard says, safety wise, you'll be fine with both. In terms of passenger comfort, I'd go with the A320. The MD83 is a super aircraft performance wise, but the A320 has the edge when it comes to the cabin environment.

Darren
Mmmm. Dare i disagree. I have flown Spanair around 8 times including their Airbus 320's and Md 83's. Airbus is a fine aeroplane but noisy when taxying and when the flaps are in operationa dn when the gear goes up and down..especially when sitting in the middle of the aeroplane. Th MD 80's series are older but are great.....really long and you have a greeat sensation of speed and climb when sitting towards the rear of the aircraft. Did not consider them noisy at all.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.