Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
The apartments look nice Fiona - sorry can't help you with any information. Have a lovely time :tup
Well- the apartment was as good as it looked. The owners are great. The location is perfect as well. I would definitely recommend them and have posted a review on them. :)
Nice to hear that everything was all good, they looked nice on website :tup
Welcome home fi .. I take it a good time was had :)
We did have a good time. Not nearly enough time to see a lot though so will have plenty to see the next time :) We had to go to the sports hall next to the Olympic Stadium on the Friday we arrived- so that OH could pick up his marathon stuff. We then went back to have a wander around the Dam Square area and sit at a pavement restaurant for a late lunch, a glass of wine and some people watching.It was in the 70s so really nice. Saturday we went to Anne Frank's house, which was really interesting. Thankfully we had booked tickets online as there were huge queues on the day. We also went on a cruise and the hop on/off bus( but didn't hop off :D ). It was another nice day.
Sunday- someone up above was having a laugh as it was absolutely freezing. Not great for sitting in the stadium for hours and definitely not good for the runners. OH was cold to the core and his fingers were pure white when he finished. But he did a good enough time- 3 hrs 28mins. Can't say it was one of the best ones. I didn't think it was well organised at all and it didn't seem to have the atmosphere of some of the others. Medal is definitely pretty pathetic- the worst one of his collection. And as for goody back at the end- not a thing.
We went back to the apartment so that he could stand in the hot shower for half an hour thawing out, then we nipped in the bar next door for a celebratary drink. We then walked to the Danish resistance museum- which took longer than the 10 mins we were told but it was a nice walk. Love the houses and the canals and the quiet streets. Had a wander up to the Red Light district- well you have to, don't you :D
We left about 11.30 the next morning but had a walk up to the Dam and had breakfast there- back to be sunny skies again of course.
Our apartments were minutes away from Chinatown and we enjoyed our evenings round about there. Not the cheapest city to go to, but still enjoyable.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.