Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PETSAS
354 Posts
We are staying at the Rising Star - does he have an office in Protaras or does he only have one in Pernera? Or if we book online would he bring the car to our apartments?
Email them quoting all relevant details, name(s), age(s) of driver(s) arrival and departure dates and times, flight numbers, (or when you'd want the car from/to), type of car and where you want to take posession of the car/have the car collected from. They will deliver and collect.

Last year they delivered to our villa at 9pm so we would have the car available from first thing the following morning.

Mark
CHeers Marks, I will send him an email. Hope we have not left it too late as leave this Wednesday and would like the car for the following Monday. Thanks for your help, you should def see about getting some commission when you are next over.
looking to hire a car but most of them do only 3rd party insurance anybody know anyone who does fully comp insurance was looking at easycar any information please
looking to hire a car but most of them do only 3rd party insurance anybody know anyone who does fully comp insurance was looking at easycar any information please
This is taken from (no surprise) the Petsas website (for rentals over 7 days):

Full Insurance with NO EXCESS which covers:
a. Third Party.
b. Passengers.
c. Accidental damage to rented vehicle including tyres.
d. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)

The only difference between this and fully comp is that you the driver are not covered. You should be covered, though, by your travel insurance in the event of an accident for medical and repatriation costs.

But:
Personal accident insurance for driver (optional).
is available, at a cost.

Mark
I just recieved an email from them

They are offering me a Polo for £25 a day (although this is only for 4 days)
I finished up with a Polo for £15cyp per day for 8 days.

Sometimes it's not that much more expensive to take it over a longer period.

Just a thought..........

Cheers,
Jinty
Hi

We have been offered a Polo with Petsas for 20 cypriot pounds a day, however reading some of your replies are we being charged too much?
Again, it depends how many days the hire is for.

Longer hire, cheaper rate............

Cheers,
Jinty
Sorry i am in a dappy mood tonight, should have added 14 days car hire, Paphos
Not to sure then.

Our hire was in June, can only think because it is the height of the season it obviously increases.

Thing is tho, you can rest assure you are with a good company and there are no hidden rip-offs! Yes, I could have got cheaper, until I compared the small print only to find an extra £5.00 per day for CDW.........

One thing I will say is make sure you take it back with a full tank, that way you get your original fuel deposit back. It never costs as much for you to fill the tank as the £30.00 they charge you. Mind you, having said that, I've been told the car hire companies do the same here :roll:

Cheers,
Jinty
RE - Petsas car hire

Im sorry but we did not get very good service from them back in may when we tried to use them.

We booked a opel/vauxhall zafira for 2 days it was to be dropped off at our hotel in limassol on the sunday evening and we were dropping it at larnaca airport on tuesday morning. We had a confirmation email which also stated the price was 140 CYP which INCLUDED the 2 child seats we needed.

So on the saturday morning we had just come back to our room after breakfast when reception phones us saying "your hire car is here for collection" so this catches us out abit as its a day earlier than arranged and we start to gather together the money and documents we need. While we are doing this (which is still only a couple of minutes from the original phonecall) The lady from petsas rings our room herself basically saying "where are you, im waiting" in a very stroppy manner.

Anyway we go down to reception and meet her and start to do the paperwork..when my husband notices that the price is now 190 CYP, when we query it we are told "its for the child seats and fuel" so we show her our confirmation email with the price of 140cyp on it. She looks very suprised at the price and then gets on her mobile to the office where what sounds like a heated discussion takes place......But then she comes back to us and says "the price is 190cyp" and refused to budge from this - we didnt even have 190 on us we had set aside the 140 we thought we would need so we had to say "thanks, but no thanks we will not be requiring your car or services" and had to get taxis instead.

It also raises the question of what they would have done with the car if we had not been there that saturday morning?? we feel they were trying to get an extra days money out of us even though we would not have used it until the monday.

So after all the glowing reports on here i have to say we were left disappointed not to mention high and dry to get to a wedding on the monday by petsas.
100% agree with you re their Limassol office, (see my posting November 13th, 06) They were shocking with us! I complained to their head office and wasn't too happy with the response but they did ask that I contact them if rehiring and give them another chance.

More on the strength of Mark's reccomendations I decided to try once more and have nothing but praise for the service we received from the Ayia Napa office.

Without question they will have to address the reputation they are receiving through the Limassol office.

Cheers,
Jinty
Think petsas really need to sort their limassol office out by the sounds of it!! It is letting down the rest of the company.

We couldnt understand how they got such good reviews on here after the way we were treated but it seems as though the limassol office is the "bad apple" that is letting the company down.
I've used them at their Paphos Airport and Larnaca Airport offices and have always had excellent service.

Mark
Well, we were very happy with Easyrentacar in Paphos last year. Their quote was significantly lower than Petsas.

http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/home.htm
We have gone to Cyprus every year since 1991 and we use Kollouris Care Hire

Kris is a lovley guy, good rates, good cars. He has a web site and he is situated on the top road heading out of Protaras toward Cape Greko on the left hand side of the road
Lyn
Like Mehmeh, we have always used George at Easy Rent a Car Ltd and not had any problems, his prices are all inclusive (vat & insurance), fuel is extra I think. We hired from another company on our first visit and what appeared to be a cheap rental escalted in cost as we hadnt thought about vat, insurance and fuel to be added on top!

Apparently though you now have to pay to take the cars out of the hire car park at Paphos airport! (seen on Cyprus Living forum) So make sure you have some cash with you when collecting cars!
  • Edited by Rha Mo 2007-08-02 13:39:21
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.