Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Have been to both and the Caribe was the better in my opinion. On our last visit to the Aquapolis we found it to be very dirty. There was debris floating about in the bottom of the pools and the toilets/showers area were stinking so much so that we got changed outside. My husband and daughter both ended up with sickness and the runs for a couple of days and we blamed the lack of hygiene at the Aquapolis. Granted we went later in the season but surely they should have the same standards all through the season. On our first visit to the Aquapolis we did have issues with the hygiene but it was nowhere near as bad as our last visit. We will not return and yes we did complain. If you decide to go to the Aquapolis it doesn't take long to get to there by bus from Salou about 20 mins or so.
Thanks for the reply JimnLiz
Think i will be giving Aquapolis a miss then. I cant be doing with anywhere that is dirty and when you go to water parks its bad enough that you somtimes drink half the pool without it being filthy too. I wanted to go to Caribe anyway but if we travel in Sept then i think it maybe shut :duh
We travelled a few yrs back in Oct and it was only the inside that was open ( not the same). Thanks again for the reply :tup
Hi, not sure when you are going in September but think Costa Caribe is usually fully open until the 2nd week of September. (Just checked on P.A. website and it looks as if it is open until 11 Sept)

Have a great trip :cheers
Been to both and Aquapolis is one of the best waterparks that I have been to for slides. Depending on age though. People with young children, would be better with 'Cariba', as you can ride double. Aquapolis is mostly solo rides only, so if your child does not swim or meet the height restrictions it can be a waste of money.
Thanks for the replies Mistygal and starry.
My boys are will be 14 and 12. They can swim but not very strong. Am confussed now lol. Still dont know when we will be travelling it all depends on money,its not the holiday its the spends with the euro basically matching the £ now. Been looking on here and a few other sights and it seems rather expensive to eat and drink in Salou now days. Thanks again
I'm going back in July with the family. Have not been since 2003 last time now and your right about prices. It is what has stopped us us returning for so long. We would find it very difficult to SC there now :( Shame because it is a place which you want to get around. We just happened to find a reasonable price for AI this year through the Thomas Cook website Sale.
My girls are 11 and 12 and depending on the deals on Portaventura tickets/combined Coasta Caribe, that will determine if we go back to that particular waterpark. We will certainly go back to Aquapolis. But tbh never been to the other plave AquaLand, for some reason it has never been open when we have visited Salou.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.