Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Sorry about this nickmacuk. Van is looking into it and has contacted the server.
Yes I noticed this too, HT page was not always opening, very erratic some days.

Hope its sorted soon.

Angie
so do we Angie.
It is very frustrating for everyone. Just don't give up on us please- :sad
Hi Fiona,

No I wont give up on you. Dont worry.

Angie.
Thanks for your patience.

The problem has now been identified and a solution has been implemented. Hopefully by the time you read this it will be behind us.

Please note that the reviews site will be offline one day next week for the period of approx 1 hour whilst we swap a faulty disk drive out.

Regards and aplogies

Van :wave
I don't think it's just a faulty drive. For best part of a week I've simply not been able to connect during UK day time and then it all suddenly bursts into life around 19:00 and is OK for the rest of the night. Sounds like the opposite of my local council's planning department who used to switch the database server off when they went home at night!

Actually, just re-read Van's answer and realise he may be reporting on 2 seperate problems...
Yes Steve, the drive issue is with the other server that deals with hotel reviews as opposed to the forums.

Van :wave
Hi Van,
do yo have an update for us, as whatever solution was implemented obviously hasn't worked. There are a number of frustrated members having on-going problems. Sometimes we get the General Error message, sometimes everything's fine but for the most part we can open the homepage but not do much else.
Some feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Hi Van,

I second what Shirley has just posted, it is still very erratic, I also had alot of "General Error Message" page, then no loading, just a white screen until it was timed out and like now, I have just signed on all was fine.

Please could you tell us what is going on.

Angie.
Have text Van to this thread for an update for you all x
Thanks Glynis much appreciated.

Angie. :cheers
I have just had another outage of 30 mins. :que

Angie.
I'm working on it however it's more complicated than I first envisaged.

I ask that you bear with me whilst further steps are taken to attempt to rectify the issue.

Regards

Van
Hi Van,

Thanks for the update, sorry did not reply straight away as was on another outage, just got back on again.

Angie.
Thanks for the update Van. I'm sure the members appreciate that you know there's an on-going problem.
No problems re the updates...

Another change has been made and depending on the outcome of this one will decide whether we need to progress any further...

Do please keep me informed of your own experiences as this assists me in what is and isn't working...I'm as frustrated as anyone by the issues so feel free to keep reporting how you're finding the site.

Regards

Van
Will do Van. Will report positive and negative issues to keep you informed. Thanks for all the work you're putting in to fixing the problem.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.