Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi, Having just been to centre parcs on a day thingy yesterday with my sister and neice we were swimming outside in the Whinfell forest I was thinking why can't Canary Island 4* Hotels pools be heated like that, it was beautiful.
Hi Susan, you know me from another Board :wink: The hotel we stayed at in Tenerife 2 weeks ago, Barcelo Santiago, had a heated pool, which we managed a dip in once when the weather brightened up for 5 minutes. There's also a public heated outdoor pool in Los Gigantes.
Just a word of caution - I dont think the "heated" pools in Tenerife are anything like you would find at say a local swimming pool. They change the temperatures for different types of year. We went to a hotel where they were supposed to have a heated pool and when i got in it was Baltic!! I asked at reception why the heat was not on and they informed me that it was heated and there was a certain temperature it had to be at (something like -99 degrees :shock: ! lol) but it was slightly warmer than the other pool that was not heated. so just to warn you that your expectations of a "heated" :wink: pool may not FEEL heated.

Hope that helps
Hi Retsina
You say there is a public heated swimming pool in los gigantes, could you tell me where it is?
Is it the one where you walk down towards the marina on the left hand side - opposite the shops?
We are going to Tenerife again in November so a heated swimming pool in Los Gigantes would be lovely!
Thanks
Debs
Hi Debs, the outdoor pool that we saw in Los Gigantes was when we walked through from Puerto Santiago to LG. Probably the easiest way to describe it's location though is it's off to the left down a few steps and and alley-way up on the same road as the Harbour Club.
Sorry, not very good directions I know, we only went to LG twice.
Thanks for your reply Retsina, we will have to check it out when we go in November, I just hope the weather is better in Tenerife then than it is at the moment, or we really will need that heated pool!
Debs :)
I know the pool you mean, it is at the Sports Sun Centre which is beside the Bus Stop in Los Gigantes, and is also beside the Mimosa apts and across the road from the Sombrero and Hibisco 1 apts.
If you are coming from Puerto Santiago side, follow the coastal path via the steps which are just up a bit from the Tamaimo Tropical. This takes you through past the Sunset apts and Crab Islans apts and turn right on to Calle Hibisco, and if you follow this up the hill, you will see the pool and sports centre, tennis courts, etc quite easily on the left. We have never used it but it looks very well laid out, with grass around most of the grounds surrounding the pool area and seems to be pretty popular with families with young children.
Hope this helps
RJ
That's the one I meant RJ, thanks for supplying better directions!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.