Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hiya

We are booked at the Barcelo for a week this November and I am wondering what to take to wear in the evening.

Is the style casual or more dressy. For example, can I wear jeans and what about men, do they have to wear long trousers?

The weather, will it be chilly in the evening.

Any help appreciated so I avoid taking too much. My husband will be very pleased as he gets a bit huffy when I pack too much...

Thanks
I always apply the sames rules on holiday as I would at home.

In the UK I would not go into a hotel restaurant wearing a vest and shorts.
So why do Brits think it's ok abroad?

The Barcelo is fairly relaxed, and smart jeans and shirt or t-shirt is perfectly acceptable.

You may need a cardigan/lightweight jacket for the evenings.
Thanks, a good excuse to dress up, gives a separation between day and evening I always feel.

Any advice on euros. We usually take travellers cheques, but I think this may be a bit old hat. Do people use cash points instead?
I reckon travellers cheques are old hat, particularly in Europe.

I always take some euros, then just use the cashpoints when I run out. There's loads in Caleta.
As I'm new to using cashpoints abroad, do you use your debit or credit card?

Which is the nearest cashpoint to this hotel?

Thanks
Another question please -

Trying to limit what clothes I take. Is the evening entertainment indoors or outdoors?
For further discussion regarding the use of ATMs please post in THIS topic :tup

Pippy :D
Debit or credit card, it doesn't matter.

The shows at the Barcelo are indoors. They have their own theatre which is the dogs wotsits!
The Dogs watsits! How bad is that?

Pippy thanks for the ATM link, but couldn't find any reference to ATMs near Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventua.

Anyone know?
That's fine Girlie :wink: I just meant for card info etc :D
ATM across the road, to the left, from Barcelo, also one on the wall of the estate agents, near the sweetshop in the shopping centre, nearest to the hotel and i guess there are more. We took some euros and just changed money as and when needed. We opened a nationwide bank account with debit card as they do not charge to withdraw cash abroad.

The area were the shows are held at the barcelo is fantastic, seating just like at the cinema/theatre with small tables, and sofas nearer to the bar.

We always upgrade to All Inclusive when we arrive at the hotel 18 Euros adult and 9 Euros child per day. The AI finishes at 11pm, and one evening we orderd drinks about midnight, 2 vodkas+tonic , 2 cokes and 2 smaill tubs pringles cost approx 18 euros........we feel that the cost of AI easily covers itself in just drinks during the day and lunch. If you prefer to stay on half board, you can swap your evening meal for lunch in the restaurant, you just need to advise reception the day before.

Wish it was me going soon........ :cry: .... :D
Thanks Tracey, we were thinking about upgrading to AI. It might be a good idea as we intend to be mainly hotel based, I have mobilityproblems so all we want to do is lie on a sunbed chilling!
I know you're on holiday but................. just incase you had work to do or your kids are obsessed with keeping in touch via msn chatrooms and you happen to have your laptop with you, the barcelo charges 10.85euros per day to connect to its wi-fi. :que
going next thursday for our third visit..........love it :cheers
4 DAYS!!!

First time at Hotel Barcelo.

Been 3 times before at Barcelo Club.

Thort we would try the Hotel, as seemed ace the other times weve been there.
We are going for the 3rd time in July so hoping it is still good like before! We had a great New Years Eve there !
I've just been informed by Thomas Cook that the heated pool will be off limits all this coming week as its being repaired :( I'm annoyed :(
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.