Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Why bother to take a watch on holiday? Eat when you're hungry, drink when you're thirsty and sleep when you're tired! Who needs to know the time, you're on holiday!!
Just realised,
My dad and his mate are off to Olu Deniz in September. They are 65 and 60 years old and are staying in the Tower hotel. Has anyone been there? They will just be looking for a nice break - a couple of boat trips, lazing on the beach, and a nice meal and quite a few drinks in the evening. Has anyone got any suggestions as to the best places for a meal and a beer, and can anyone recommend some good boat trips, turkish baths and market trips please?
we went to Olu last year and i felt really safe, we could leave our stuff on the beach and all 4 of us go for a swim,,,,,,, this year in another country we did it in shifts just in case!. my hub had an expensive watch too but they were more interested in his sunglasses ( i think they have a good look a different sorts and try to copy them) they took them off his head and a couple of them examining them, asking if they were Armani, guccii.. ect. we tried soooo hard to explain to them that they were Superdrugs own make!!
enjoy it, its good.
Got back from Olu on Fri morning. As I previously reported, it was totally safe there. I was happy to walk around in the evening and we were only hassled the first couple of nights (just tell them you've already got one, whatever it is...) After the first few nights most of the shopkeepers and barmen were happy just to chat to us.
We had a good night out on Big Brother Final night in Ottomans, the staff there were lovely and let us stay (indoors) to watch Russell Brand after everyone else had gone (they got a nice tip for it when they brought the bill at the end :wink: )
I found the whole resort very chilled out and because it is so small you soon get to know everyone, so it's very friendly.

micknmill - there are loads of agents in Olu to book boat trips, turkish baths etc. Fethiye market is on Tuesday, you can book a trip for this or you can just get a Dolmus or taxi and please yourself when you want to come back with all your bargains. Your dad will have a great time, and there are lots of nice bars for a drink and a meal too :wink:

jillym - we had a great final few days, thanks :D The hotel seemed really different on Monday night after so many people had gone home, and the weather just seemed to get hotter and hotter, but we had a good laugh watching the "honeymoon" woman (you know who I mean) and her slightly worrying drink problem.... Great to meet you anyway, I hope the GCSE results were satisfactory :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.