Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
dont know the name, but i bought a tandoor oven for the garden, and it does super tandoori food!!!! but there is no lid/plate on the top
Did you buy it in India and ship home?

If so can you tell me how much door to door
got it in uk and sent over to jersey
http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk its called nipoori tandoor oven, i think it came at about £120/£130

we love it and use it most nights in the summer, it comes with the long skewers as well
That looks great.

I've been banned from using my BBQ where I live (mine's gas powered). Something in the lease to do with keeping stored fuels on the premises but I might just get away with a tandoor if it burns charcoal.

I did get some instructions on how to make one from an old oil drum from a friend in Goa but it was all a bit excessive for what I wanted really.

This one looks just the thing though.

Thanks for the link
We have a Nipoori too and love it. We got it in our local shop. (N.Ireland)We have a gas barbie too but my hubby believes nothing gives flavour like charcoal. It does great kebabs but you can't cook naan bread in it. We usually just buy the bread from the Asian supermarket and heat it on the top. Stick a whole onions on the bottom of chicken skewers and all the tasty tandoori flavour runs on to them. Delicious.
Happy cooking.
Gail
Spike,
That definitely looks the business but I can't justify buying another one just yet. Have to wait until I wear out the Nipoori. Will keep a note of it though for future reference.
Gail
defintely be buying a Nipoori for the summer, looks great, and its a wee normal bbq too if you take the top of? Have I understood that right??
Yes you can use it with the top off as a small barbie.
I need another nipoori tandoor oven, does anyone know where i can get them??

Jane :cheers
Nipoori Ovens (UK) Ltd, PO Box 2382, ROMFORD, ESSEX, RM2 5BP. 01708 724745.
tried them, the line just keeps ringing ! :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.