General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sarah2828,

Welcome onboard :tup
That's correct, the liquids restrictions don't apply to products purchased after security as they are security cleared. It only applied to liquids, gels etc that you intend on taking through security. Are you transiting through another airport or flying non-stop to your final destination? If you are transiting through another airport for a connecting flight, ensure anything purchased airside is in a clear, sealed bag with your receipt separate to present at the next security check so you don't get them confiscated. You'll find further details over on the Flights Forum on the following topic: HAND LUGGAGE REGULATIONS & INCREASED SECURITY .. Q&As. Another consideration is who you are flying with. Some airlines only allow one piece of hand luggage per person to a particular size / weight limit, so you may need to put purchased items in hand luggage and make sure you don't exceed the limits. You may not be permitted a separate bag.

Darren
Yes that is correct, though do be careful as you can only carry so much in your hand luggage and these have to be of a certain weight dependent on airline. Normally 5kgs. Not to sure on size of hand luggage bag though. I'm sure someone will soon be along to help.
Hi Darren

I thought so, just thought I'd check :-) I'm flying non stop to my destination, just a short weekend break away. :-) I'm flying with Jet2.com, I have managed to find the baggage allowance - thank you :-)

Your info is very much appreciated :-)
Hi Sunshinehereicome

Thanks for your advice :-)
Hi Dazbo HT Mod

Just read the link attached to your reply, very useful information - thanks again :-)
Sarah2828,

Not a problem. Have a good weekend :cheers :sun2

Darren
Hi Dazbo HT Mod

Hope you have a great weekend too :-)
Generally unless you are taking cases of stuff on board, the extra weight is completely ignored.

My top tip for travelling is after passing security I buy mini spirits at the duty free shop and some bottles of coke from WHsmiths to take on the plane with me, I save a bundle compared to the same item bought from the in flight service.
Ringmister411,

It depends on the airline. Some are very strict on hand luggage allowances and check at the boarding gate. Be aware, the consumption of alcohol not purchased onboard the aircraft is not permitted.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.