Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Janine

Welcome!! :wave:

Pretty new myself but love Mallorca and find this forum is great 'cos of all the like-minded people.

Hi Tis, glad you had a good holiday, I did look out for you but with the weather being so up and down (I was caught in the thunder/lightning/hail freak storm on the Monday!!) I didn't spend as much time on the beach as I thought I would. I think I may have spotted you one day, but wasn't totally sure. Maybe next time!

Louise
Hya Louise

If I was looking harrassed it was probably me! :)

We didn't get to the beach at all (with not being able to get sand in his splint) but we did go to the more pebbly beach in front of Xaloc Bar and Argos Bar so he could throw pebbles into the sea.

Have you been on You Tube and seen the video of the storm that hit the day after we left (11th)? Jeez, I'm sure glad I missed that - it looked like the storm that hit in 2005 with rivers flowing down the road! Actually there's some good footage on there of both Cala Millor and Cala Bona - made me feel homesick.

Tis
Hi Tis, no not seen the footage, will have a look. I'm currently on 64 sleeps (I think) until I go back, :fly hopefully the mixed weather will have stopped by then. Louise
Hello all,
Off to the Cala Bona hotel on the 31st July.5 weeks to go :sun2
I drink Bacardi and usually have the long drinks which were 4 euro last year.Anyone know this years prices.
Also I've booked a taxi one way to Cala Bona which is about 70 euro.
What's the best way to book a taxi for the return?
Cheers :wave:
Hello everyone :)
My name is Mary and i come from Glasgow, i too am a new member. I am going on my first stay & cruise in Aug, with my stay at the Comodora hotel in Palma Nova, then on the Island escape for the cruise round the Med, both all inclusive i am really looking forward to it. Has anyone done this trip ? if so i would be grateful for any info. ;)

Mary :wave:
Hi Mary

Welcome to HT

I am sure you will get some info on the Island escape on our cruise forum

Biff
Well - if it isn't just typical - the weather appears to have returned back to normal in Majorca with SUN SUN SUN forecast!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Nice for you lot just going but downright depressing for me! :cry

Tis
That's good news, Tis! I'll try to bring some sunshine back with me when my fortnight is up!

:wave:
Fenderman, we were at the Cala Bona in may. Can't tell you the prices just know they were reasonable. Same staff with the addition of a Polish girl and a Polish chap behind the bar. Very pleasant and efficient. Mike is still running the pool bar, helium man we called him!!! When we were there the bar jemica was shut with rumours of flats being built, however we were told this week that it had reopened. A friend is there at the moment and will find out what's happening.
Have a great time :tup :sun2
I have just booked to go to Ca'n Pastilla in September, taking my Mum with us so we can celebrate her birthday (the first one since dad passed away) Looking forward to it already!!!! CBG
Hi CBG,

Sorry to read about your Dad, a very unhappy time for your family, lets hope Mum will enjoy a nice break with you.

I remember some time ago that you stayed at The Linda in Can Pastilla are you going again?. I have stayed at the Helios previously but am considering returning to Can Pastilla in February because of it's proximity to Palma and from there transport to Banalbufur and Estellencs, I ask this question because the Linda is very reasonable at that time of the year, and looks good value for a couple of old cronkon's.

Dave :wave:
Thanks David for your best wishes, we stayed last year at the Leo and are going again in September. Food is lovely, rooms very clean (basic but ok) and the price is fantastic as is the location. We have booked direct with hotetur website and got a good deal with NO MONEY taken til you arrive!!!! Lots of different nationalities and no sunbed reserving what could be better. Public buses are regular into Palma and cheap just on the road behind the hotel. If you want anymore info pm me. CBG
Had a week in Santa Ponsa, met some nice people from Scotland and Newcastle, arrived home last week, we stayed in the Holiday Park which must be the noisiest place we have ever had the displeasure to stay.

We took our two grandkids aged 3yrs and 9yrs, a couple of days before leaving, some idiots above us burnt a load of toilet paper and let it drop onto our balcony missing the maiden of clothes by 6 inches. :really This must have been during the early hours of 4am onwards a bit of water on the balcony stopped the paper from spreading, thank you God!

I was gonna go up but my wife reckoned they were girls, sod that so I went to the reception who informed me it was a gang of lads above us. I was livid but he told me he would deal with it. The receptionist later informed me they admitted to it and was rather sheepish over the incident and had they apologised? :) don't be silly mate.

When I phoned our son, the g/kids dad, he wanted to catch the first available seat over and .........what is the matter with some of these brain dead people?
we have been in noisy place a lot and don't mind folk coming and going all hours but there is a limit, we loved Santa Ponsa, been there a few times but its being taken over by the "lager louts"

ps, if yer reading this, lads, thanks for nothing, yer certainly scared the missus and our eldest /g/daughter.
I dont like flying and want to go somewhere hot. I like my English comforts so think that Palma Nova may be the place for my hubby and I. We don't want clubs open all night - but a few disco bars would be nice. Don't want the place hopping with 17 year olds barely dressed and being sick of an evening. Need air con in my apartment !!!! Like a pool - not fond of the beach and want to be able to walk to the pubs (with english TV if possible from time to time). hope this all makes sense to someone who can help - I am scared that Palma Nova is too small for a 2 week hol and dont want to have to resort to going into Magalluf ( I hear it is awful).

Help if you can - first hol abroad for a couple in our late 30's for 3 years

D x
D, Palma Nova is right next to Magaluf yer won't know the difference, on our way back to the airport, we picked a couple up who stayed in Palma Nova, they informed us it was the noisiest place they've stayed in...

having said that, we stayed there a few years back and loved it, must be a sign of the times.
Daviedog,

Would not recommed Palma Nova in the high season - ok in the winter.

Try Cala Bona and Cala Millor - they ought to suit you.

Pippa
Daviedog

I agree with Pippa. Cala Bona and Cala Millor would better. Cala Millor is livelier but they are just a walk away from each other. I'm in my early 30's and I stayed at the Hotel Levante in Cala Bona which had english tv. If you were going high season, this is a great hotel but there are loads of others that I've heard good reviews about aswell (Hotel Cala Bona, Hotel Moreyo). The Levante tends to be an older clientele in low season. There are several english bars in Cala Bona and I'm sure there will be in Cala Millor as well. :cheers

Palma Nova is OK, I went a few years ago in late April/early May but I definitely prefer Cala Bona and Cala Millor. They have a really friendly feel to them which makes me feel safe and relaxed. Palma Nova seemed a lot a busier and not as relaxing. I'm not sure I'd have been happy wandering around by myself.
Louise
As Pippa and Louise have said Cala Millor & Cala Bona are worth considering. Cala Bona has a quieter more traditional feel than Cala Millor but both resorts have lots to offer. They can be as quiet or as loud as you like really and we've yet to see a single lager lout let alone a crowd of them. I have never felt anything but safe there and considering myself fairly well travelled it's the one place I would say if I had the opportunity, I'd move to in a heartbeat.

They are lovely family orientated resorts that merge into one and both have have a lot of English bars to choose from - I'd say you'd be spoilt for choice. There's lots of walking to be done, lots of shops, great beaches - it's qhy we go back year after year.

Tis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.