Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have you been to Olu Deniz before?

At that age, your son will be better off at the lagoon beaches which are sandy and gently sloping. None of the hotels are by these beaches but you can get a lift there easily. So it doesn't really matter how far you are from the sea beach in Olu Deniz. Just find a hotel you can afford! Possibly not the Dorian though, judging by reviews! Also, Olu is not large, so you never be far from anywhere really.

Sorry can't advise on which hotel is the quietest though. Expect someone else can.
Hi Starlite,

I think the Meri Hotel might suit you.

It's actually situated on the Lagoon and has its own private sandy beach. It's in a very quiet, peaceful location and although it's situated on a hill it has a lift/cable car to take you to your rooms.

The staff who work there are incredibly friendly and helpful, and I would imagine that they'd do everything possible to meet your needs.

It's in a lovely location; and you have lovely views of the lagoon. You've chosen a good time to go: not too hot!!

Strawberry
Yes the Meri is the only one on the lagoon. I think I've seen it in the Anatolian Sky brochure. (But it is not cheap and Starlite wanted a bargain!)
Mehmeh

The Meri isn't the only place to stay on the Lagoon; there's also the Sugar Club, which have bungalows to rent at a very reasonable rate.

But I do think the Meri would suit her needs more - even if it is more expensive than the Sugar Club. I actually think the Meri is a bargain - considering what you get for your money. Just because something is cheap does not mean it's a bargain!

Strawberry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.