DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Last year i booked via Alpharooms to Prague and booked my transfers by them . The transfer never turned up and we had to make phone calls and wait two hours before we got picked up. Not a good start to a short break, loosing two hours of the first evening. The driver was grumpy and drove like a total nutter, even worse on the way back to the airport. I felt that Alpharooms never checked out the safety and the reliability of the people they used, and tbh even tho Alpharooms were not directly responsible for this, it put me off them this year when making a booking. I booked with hotels.com this year, for my trip to Krakow.
Whilst complaining to Alpharooms with regard to their inefficiency we actually received an advertising card from them through the post in which they claimed to be ABTA members, as a result we also raised our concerns directly with ABTA who confirmed that Alpharooms were not members and therefore there was nothing that they as an organisation could help with.. The advertising mail has been forwarded to ABTA who I am sure would be very pleased to hear from anyone else that has received such literature through the post.
Am confused here Misty. The Alpharooms site gives out two ABTA numbers, which show on the Abta site as Alpha Rooms.

(K9822) Alpha Rooms
(Y0338) Alpha Rooms

Kath HT Admin
I believe that Alpharooms have very recently become ABTA registered. I do have letters dated January 2008 from both ABTA and Alpharooms which both state that the company are not members. However they are now issuing advertisements via Email in which they are stating ABTA membership.
I think the question needs to be asked whether this ABTA membership covers all of their future operations, and to what extent holiday arrangements are covered.
Alpharooms final response to my complaint has been that the problem arose at a busy period and they gave priority to other more imminent bookings, I am still very disappointed that the company found it acceptable to withold vital information for one whole week, I week in which I would have had time to explore alternative arrangements.
Oh dear, I've just booked a couple of weeks in Sousse with Alpharooms for the end of September and was already beginning to feel a prickle of concern before I saw all this. Checking back on here I see that I went with them in October 2005 without any problems, booking through their website and receiving my hotel voucher 3 minutes after booking. This time I started off on the website but got a message to phone. This I did, and spoke to a very nice young man who confirmed the price, took my credit card details and then came back to say he couldn't confirm the booking there and then because that department had closed down (18.30 in the evening) but they would ring me in the morning. I rang again in the morning and was told they would get back to me within a couple of days as there was no hurry as I wasn't going until September. :banghead: They rang me later and confirmed, taking all my credit card details again (they apparently remove all these details immediately if they are unable to confirm straight away). They said I could pay a deposit and the balance by 23rd October (excellent). Now comes the problem. I have been given a reference number and told I could find all my details on their website, where I could also pay the balance. - WRONG!! I can find nothing on their site, and though I've registered they apparently have no knowledge of me!!! I've sent them an e-mail and now await developments. Wish me luck. :roll:
Panic over. Following several e-mails to and from a very nice gentleman called Mark I've finally traced my booking on their website. The system certainly leaves something to be desired though.
hey!
me and my friend (age 16 and 17) booked a holiday thru alpha rooms to la manga to see some friends who where playing golf out there.
anyways when we arrived the hotel we had booked had been shut down for almost a year, depite only booking this holiday a month previously, we rung alpha rooms while we where there but no answer :( so ended up ringing my dad who had to book us into another hotel, paying for that one aswell as the one we had booked. weve been back a week and it just seems like a total nightmare trying to get a refund and they dont seem to think its an issue they left 2 teenage girls in spain by thereselves with nowhere to stay! GREAT! any ideas anyone??? x
Contact Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114.She will give you free advice if you mention Holiday truths.
You will get through to her PA Pam,who will give you advice on how to proceed.
Alpha rooms are a nightmare and they shouldnt be allowed to continue to treat people like this.
See my post at the top of this page.
The hotel they sent us to was getting refurbished over the winter but still was accepting guests.
It was a holiday from hell and I contacted Ros on return who got all our money back.
I've been lucky with them in the past, apart from the hiccup mentioned above, which was finally sorted. I'm booked with them again to go to Sousse in April but will, as always, phone the hotel direct in the week before I'm due to arrive to ensure they have my booking.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.