General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
santander
9 Posts
Abbey have been part of the Santander group for a while. They advertise one account that has no fees for cash withdrawals but that is for people that have a mortgage with them and it has to be your main account. Presumably then it isn't offered on their other accounts. If you want a no withdrawal fee account for use in Spain have a look at the Nationwide Flex account.
Madmadge.......they definitly mentioned what your asking about in the news report at the beginning of the week, they were announcing the re-branding of Alliance & Leics and B&B et al and they did say anyone with a current account would be able to withdraw FOC in Spain :tup

I'd check their website as it may well be on there
My husband works for Santander and he advised me that Yes you can lift from a Santander cash machine in Spain for free.

The account you get if you have a mortgage means you can use any cashline abroad without Santander charging you, though the bank you lift from may.

Helen
Thanks Helen for clearing that up. So it has to be a Santander ATM to get if FOC. Where as you can use any ATM with a Nationwide card, if I understand correctly.
Yes sunaddict thats it.

Sorry if it wasn't clear hadn't had my morning coffee :cheers
Not quite it....

Nationwide won't charge you for withdrawals in Visa's European zone but the bank you use might, although few do. But be careful that you are using a bank run ATM whichever card you use, third party ATMs will charge you just like they do in the UK.
I realize that but we were just referring to Spain. None of the ATM''s we have used in Lanzarote have charged for Nationwide usuage.
thanks for all the replies guys.i will open a santander account for my hols as i seen 3 santanders in peurto del carmen :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.