Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
lol pinkpoppyuk

I'm having the same nightmare!!

Also from NI and read about the shooting however with two small kids we will not be near the club scene so hopefully will not get shot :D

As for seaview going on Fri 11th and dreading it- reviews are now mentioning contamination in the pool :(

Just don't know what we're going to meet when we arrive.

When are you going??
Its been coming for a long while. It's time for the Guaria Civil get tough, espically in San An on firstly the dealers and also the users.

It's getting out of control and there needs to be a strong public message put out by the police to get drug culture back under control before it ruins more lives.

Drugs are completly un-nesseary, espically in a place like Ibiza. As I have said before I feel sorry for anybody sad enough to have to take them to have a good time. Users have always failed to realise that at the end of the day, they will always loose, they pay for it in one way or another, and I don't mean money - death, prositution, desperation, homelessness, mental disorders, family and friends harassment are just some key words that users bring on them selves - but they've always got it in control haven't they! Friend of mine, worked out in Ibiza, did coke, but he "always did it in moderation" and "knew his limits", he "always had it under control" - they should have put those phrases on his tomb stone.

Drug culture has always been a major underground problem in Ibiza, but it looks like it's about to break through the surface, leaving Ibiza fundementally at risk - Ibiza will end up solely for junkies, like Brixton in South London at one point nearly did, which will kill the island.

Wouldn't surprise me in the next few weeks to see a high profile crack down on both users and dealers.
I think that you have to get it into perspective, put two million people into close quarters in a place the size of Ibiza in the UK on a Saturday night and there will be no shortage of rapes, stabbings & shootings and any other crime that you'd care to mention. Also don't believe everything that you read in the British media , they do have it in for Ibiza. I have lived here for three years and I've never seen any street crime. Bear in mind also that most violence here during the summer months always involves someone who is British - that should tell you something. Personally I'd be more worried about getting shot in Torquay than I would here.
I think that you have to get it into perspective, put two million people into close quarters in a place the size of Ibiza in the UK on a Saturday night and there will be no shortage of rapes, stabbings & shootings and any other crime that you'd care to mention. Also don't believe everything that you read in the British media , they do have it in for Ibiza. I have lived here for three years and I've never seen any street crime. Bear in mind also that most violence here during the summer months always involves someone who is British - that should tell you something. Personally I'd be more worried about getting shot in Torquay than I would here.

Like you I have lived in Ibiza and I run a sucessful website for workers on the island. The problems with drug crime is climbing out of propotion to the UK and has been worst for a long time. Your chances of been involved in a drug related crime on Ibiza is much higher than in the UK, thats a fact. Ibiza is one of the drug capitals of the world.

Unfortunetly I can see no other solution than a complete crack down by the islands police on both the dealers and the users and it's got to come quick, and I don't think it's long off espically after this.

I know comments like mine can damage the tourism to the island and for those reading this that might be worried, let me say that even though they are higher chances of you been caught up in such crimes they remain realatively still very remote. Drug crime is obviously greater in certain parts of the island, San Antoni and Ibiza Town are probably among the worst spots. Only those that are involved in the, unfortunetly, large drug scene on Ibiza are likely to see or be caught up in drug gang voilence on Ibiza but as this story proves its not impossible for tourists to be caught up and so I would always advise some street sence espically when you enjoying the night life in San Antoni.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.