Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi,

We were very pleased with The Bourtzi, bed and breakfast - lovely and clean. Good position, at the top end of Papadiamantis street. We went with Kosmar a couple of years ago, had a room overlooking the pool at the rear. If I remember rightly we also had a fridge in the room, and a safety deposit box (in the wardrobe) payable at reception.
Thanks thomasina, we'll take a look at that one.
We are staying at the Bourtzi next week on good recommendation and I have to say the Manager has been really helpful and communication brilliant. We booked with him independently.
Holidaymakers evacuated from Skiathos forest fires

At least 750 UK holidaymakers have been forced out of their hotels as forest fires swept across the Greek island of Skiathos.

They were evacuated from properties in the resorts of Aghia Paraskevi, Troulos and Kolios as strong winds fanned the flames.

Some fled to beaches as the fire spread to the water's edge, the BBC reported.

The Federation of Tour Operators said its members had some 750 holidaymakers in the three resorts.

It said that tour representatives were "relocating those affected to alternative accommodation away from the fires and keeping customers informed".

There were no reports of any casualties.

Emergency services on the island were tackling the fires which started on Thursday morning and was still reported to be burning in the early afternoon.

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.