Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Tipping
11 Posts
bezzer11,

Tipping is entirely at your discretion. If you feel you've had good service from waiters etc, tip a couple of lira of whatever amount you feel is appropriate. There may be a tip box on the bar and in the restaurant depending on where you are staying. Most tip maids at the end of their stay, again whatever you feel is appropriate.

Darren
Bezzer, if you've received good service and had a good meal then 10% of the bill is the accepted norm. If you've not then leave less or nothing at all.

Les
We have only been AI once to Turkey and as the hotel was German owned and popular with German people who are good tippers my husband put a couple of lira in the tip box on the bar at the beginning of the holiday.
Needless to say he was served quickly each time he went to the bar.
If you do tip the barman early on it shows you appreciate them and may find you get better service. :tup
There is usually a tip box in the restaurants too so we always put a couple of lira in them.
we tend to tip first night to barman about 10 lira then every couple of nights same 10 lira you willbe surprised how much quicker you get served.
we tip room girls at end of holiday 50 lira
Cheers for all your advice, it gives me a much better idea of what to tip. One week till lift off now!!!! can anyone give me some ideas of things to do in Icmeler & Marmaris? I've heard theres a new water park in Marmaris id be keen to go to. also maybe a boat trip.

Cheers
Jayson
Re-Boat Trips from Marmaris, you are spoilt for choice. The advice given to a first timer to Marmaris was for them to ask other holiday makers which were best. Also have a look in the Chat and Holiday Discussion Topic on here and read from the bottom of page 32 onwards. There use to be a service to Rhodes but a little closer to home is the water taxi to Turunc which calls in at Icmeler. If you're interested there are Jeep Safaris and a little more sedate is the Truck Safari.

Les
Ive heard the boat trips in Marmaris are now run by a Coop and you have to queue and when one boat is full the next one gets filled up.
I would hate this but there is a boat named the Mega Diana which gets rave reviews.
I always go to Icmeler and you can choose which boat you want to go on,no queuing.
You can book them at the kiosk along the beach path.
I havent been on a boat trip for a while but the Panorama Princess is a lovely boat that has good reviews. :tup
All the same in Icmeler now as in no more all inclusive

I saw the Mega Diana the other week if it looks like an old galleon and it looked very relaxed

For Value For Money Custom Holidays To Turkey Click Here- http://www.Icmeleronline.com

John
We all went on the Mega Diana twice last month,great crew and value for money,all inc with breakfast and lunch,we also had a stop off in Turunc for a bit of shopping etc.We havnt tried The waterpark on the beachfront called Atlantis,so cant comment on that one,but we did go to Aquadream on the hill and had a fabulous day there. :wave:
Thanks for all the information. Yeh aquadream is where I want to go. Can you get there by the dolmus? Or would you need a taxi?

Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.