DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
travel republic
21 Posts
OH! dear -yet another Ouch! - I AM 65 Kevin :yikes Jenny x
32st May - nice one Jenny :rofl and well spotted kevin I wouldn't have noticed :yikes
I have been looking to book a holiday with Travel Republic, but their offer of 20% off holidays booked in May is not very good as they have added a % pecent on and after the 20% discount , the price returns to what the cost was, prior to this offer.
Have you tried QuickRooms with the code QRVC02 ? ...their prices are pretty good at the moment, and you can earn 7% cashback if you use the Quidco link :tup
Be aware that according to several people on other forums, their quidco payments have been declined by QuickRooms when they used a discount code for their booking. If your experience is different, then please feel free to contradict this as it would be useful to know.
I got the same price with QuckRooms, whether I used a discount code or not....

CwB!
Not sure if this is the right place but does anyone have a promo code for travel republic please am wanting to book accomodation and try to save a few pennies anyone point me in the right direction please
TR haven't had any promo codes for months as many members have asked the same thing. There is a dedicated Promo Code topic in the General Holida Enquiries forum.

luci :wave
I booked a holiday with T.R. the other day when they had there supposed 15% off accommodation sale. Just checked there website to see if price had increased, guess what even with my supposed discount the price is the same as I payed. I have always praised them in the past as we have never felt cheated, like I do now. It looks as if they have taken the discount off the higher price even though I do know you get exactly the same accommodation dependant on supplier. Not going to complain as it isnt the difference in price (which is minimal) but I felt I should share my thoughts as this seems cheeky to say the least.
Be carefull with TR as sometimes what you see is not what you get.I.E seaviews when none are available,complexs on sale when they have been shut for 2years.About 4 different types of rooms when there are only 2 resulting in excess payments.My last holiday was spoilt by them selling me a seaview only to find out they were contracted out to another company,as a goodwill gesture as if it weren't their fault in the first place i was offered a refund on seaview supplement.

Regards Maryb
Just looking at the Travel Republic website and note that now that their 20% sale has ended the prices are the same as during the sale. The higher crossed out price has now dissapeared and the lower price is quoted, just like before their 'Sale'.

Very underhanded, that sale was a complete farce!! Do they think were all idiots, I'm glad I wasn't taken in and its things like that that make me think twice about using a company.

Rant Over ;)
Mark, As you can see from my earlier post I did book with them but from now on I shall certainly discount their supposed sales promotions. Underhand you called it, I said cheeky, well something like that.
Hello CazB,
Apologies that my post is very similar to yours, I actually did a new post which was merged, this was when I saw yours.

But hey, great minds think alike :cheers

Regards
Mark
Just been on Travel Republics web site to price hotels for Majorca this summer.Are they having a laugh?
£700/800 in July/August for the hotels alone without the cost of the flights.

I thought DIY was supposed to be cheaper? I will use the travel agents again I think,they seem to be fighting back
Don't you get what you pay for though? What are you getting for those prices? It's hard to comment without a bit more information.
Average 3 star hotels.Once the flight costs are added you are talking £950.I could book through a travel agent cheaper than that.
A big thanks to Travel Republic for their service when we were stranded in Tenerife for an extra 8 days during the Volcanic Ash Cloud thing. We were booking out of the Laguna 1 when it all kicked off & the reception at first refused to let anybody keep their rooms! after a couple of hours they realised that nobody new would be coming in. They then agreed to let us all keep the rooms on but only for a day at a time for 45Euro per night which gave us no comfort at all as we could be evicted at any time. After logging on to Travel Republic I was able to sort out accomodation at the Laguna 2 for £20 per night, not the best place on earth but our sanctury untill we finally got a flight change with Monarch (another story).
Nice to read something good for a change,well done to TR for sorting out a resonable price! have booked flights with Monarch for the first time so will be checking out the flight discussion thread
Boots
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.