Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Last year i had the same problem, i kindly asked the lady at the kiosk at East Midlands airport :)
i got mine from tesco . they were what people had brought back with them and changed back to sterling .
Hi
Sorry to be a little delayed with a response. The advice we were given earlier this year, was to take plenty of single US Dollars. We did and they worked very well for tipping. 1 dollar is about 5 Egyptian pounds.
Please note that 1 EGP is worth about 12p. We bought our Dollars at the UK airport. All the shops were happy to take dollars.
Have a great trip.
I used to change the notes at the hotel reception they were always happy to help and change large notes to smaller denominations
That was what we did as well, changed them at the hotel reception, I think if they realise you are going to be using them to tip the hotel staff then they are more than willing to help.
Im going on a cruise 1st and im not sure if I can get low denomination notes on the ship.

I think I will take US dollars but is it easy to get 1 dollar notes in the UK, if so, where can I get them from?.
I got some some money from the post office yesterday and enquired about low denomination notes and they said that they dont stock them but they can be ordered.
Do you get a better or worse rate of exchange in Egypt?
I usually rely on having a few left from last time - enough for the toilet at the airport and to pacify the bloke who slings our luggage onto the transfer bus...

Then get fresh cash over there where the exchange tends to be better.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.