Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi Emsie and welcome to HT!

We have reviews of the Monterrey Apartments HERE Is this where you are staying?

luci :wave
Hi, I stayed at the hotel last July. We were really surprised with the hotel and the rooms were spacious and clean. The only downer is the walk down to the shops and bars especially at night. The main road you have to use to get to the hotel has little lighting, so don't walk alone. The walk only takes about 5 - 10 minutes to the beach and about 40 - 45 minutes to San Antonio or you can get a taxi for about 8 euros. There is also a boat for 2 euros each which takes you across, which you can catch from the beach. To eat, I would definitely recommend Jackie Browns, the food is gorgeous! And there are plenty of bars and places for you to eat. We also did a couple of trips to Ibiza town and the water park. We did this through the tour reps, but from experience, DON'T! The trip to Ibiza town cost us about 15-20 euros and all we got was transport there, dropped off and was told we had 3 hours! We thought that we were going to get a tour so was disappointed. You can easily get to Ibiza town by bus from San Antonio which would cost you about 3 euros.
The hotel has a lovely large pool, and was never crowded, there is also a bar inside, and food served all day, which is reasonably priced. Overall I think that you will have a great holiday at this hotel, if you want to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask. jem1, not sure if you wanted to know about the clubs etc so if you do just ask!
We are going all inclusive, So i was hoping the food would be good???

I have read quite abit on the clubs.. So that isn't too much of a problem....

This might seem to be a really stupid question but is there any kind of dress code in the clubs for WOMEN and MEN????

Thanks for your reply Jem1, at least we know abit about were we are going now. :lol:
from what i am aware, if you go to the big clubs like pacha the dress code it smart/going out type clothing, for men no trainers/caps etc.
Can anybody help please... not getting many replys.....
Has anybody stayed here, and if not then any information on San Antonio Bay would be good.

Hi

You'll find resort info HERE and accommodation reviews HERE.

If that isn't the correct accommodation, please let me know.

Pippy :D
hi ya! i stayed there in 98, 2 weeks self catering.

decent hotel, clean, friendly staff but i thought it was very basic. I have been told it has been "done up" since then though and all other reviews seem good!
Nice pool area, very clean and plenty of sun beds. Bar and food, good prices and good quality.
I would say the main down side was location as it was said before the walk of a night is a little scary on ur own with no street lighting up a gravely road. 2 young girls walking up or down there with the odd lucky lucky man roaming around isnt advisable! also when drunk and in heels the road surface isnt the best so i would either suggest taxi ride home or u get ur boyfriend to give u a piggy back!!! :lol:

places to eat around there, I agree Jackie browns is a nice place, also Java Restaurant is fantastic, a little more on the pricey side but the quality of the food is fantastic and the owners Juan and Reme are lovely! This is situated up a side road just round the corner from your hotel, easiest way to get there is walk towards the beach going past Klippie apartments then turn left at main road and its the next side street where med ped is. Other places Smugglers Inn which is further into the bay (oposite way to San An) Why im telling you where to eat i dont know, you are all inclusive!!!!!!

Right theres many decent bars in the bay Pink Panther is one of my favs they are about 10 mins walk from where you are (right by Cafe Royal) Also Peppers2 and Bn3 (other end of bay) bucaneros, donnegans and many more popping up each season! Or taxi/walk or water taxi into San An to the west end or sunset strip or head for the clubs but shop around for club tickets as reps rip you off!

I also suggest gettin a boat to one of the other beaches Cala Conta is my fav but Cala Bassa is about a 15 min boat ride and is just as nice!

Think i have covered most things but if you want to know anymore let me know!!!!

When are you going? :D
Thanks Vikkims...

We are goin for one week from the 14/07/06 to the 21/07/06.

Do you have any idea on the prices of drinks in the clubs, we know they are quite pricey but just wondering how pricey??

emsie, i have pm'ed you with sum details

:lol:
Hi vikkims

I'd be grateful if you could post the information on the site as that way it will benefit all of our members.

Thanks

club prices are expensive you wont come back with much change. my advise is have a few drinks before you go as the bars are much cheaper, i find bars in the bay are cheaper than in san an! beer is around 3 euros, spirit and a mixer is around 3 euro shots can be 1 euro in some and up to 5 euros in others. if your into cocktails pink panther do some lovely ones 5 euros for a pint. also vodka and redbull is 5 euros in the bars but think its about double in the clubs. bottles of water in the bars are around 2 euros but the clubs charge around 5/6.
obviously offers vary from bar to bar. and if you stick to the locally produced sprits they are much cheaper than the well know ones.

i have been to the island well over 10 times now, you can meet some lovely people over there and make some great friends! :lol: enjoy and hope you too get the ibizan bug!!!!!
  • Edited by vikkims 2006-02-17 12:57:13
Please do not post in phone style text, eg u instead of you, sum instead of some, etc. Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers which cannot recognise this type of text.

better luci?

its hard to remember all the rules from each of the ibiza websites. I will try to behave in future :lol:
Thanks mate, appreciate your understanding. :D

I went to Eden and Es-Paradis last year and there was no dress code for men or women. Price wise A small bottle of water was 7 euros, small bottle of beer 8 euros and a spirit and mixer 9 euros.

The price to get in depends on what night you are going to we went to Judgment Sunday and Tidy V Euphoria and these cost 35 euros and 32 euros each. Buy your tickets from one of the Pre-party bars such as Bar M you then normally get a couple of free drinks thrown in.

The hotel is fine given the price of it we are going again this year in June and September and staying at the Monterry again for 8 nights each time. £168 Flight and hotel for June and £144 flight and hotel for septemeber. It is clean, nice and quiete durining the day and night 5-10 mins from San an Bay. Pool is clean with plenty of Sunbeds, food is good staff friendly, although there is a 50 euro deposit for the Air con remote and the same for the TV. Rooms have a two ring cooker and Fridge in them. A taxi last year to the West end cost between 5 and 7 euros.

If you have any other questions just post a message.

Kev
:cry: Does anybody know about this fire?? :cry:
I have just read on another site that there was a fire here not long ago.... Does anybody know if this is true??
If so was it long ago?? And is the hotel been sorted now??
We are not going till July...

:D Emsie :D
my friend who lives over there said it was true, but im sure they have sorted it out now. they are generally pretty quick with sorting hotels out so they dont loose any money. i will check when i next speak to her and let you know.
Thanks Vikkims,

Any information would be great...

:D Emsie :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.