Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Car Hire
56 Posts
Hedges59 - You are probably looking at a small 9 seater mini bus as even the Opel Zafira wouldn't carry a large amount of luggage, I have a Vauxhall Zafira and whilst it would carry your passangers no problem you would struggle to get 1 case in with all 7 seats up.
Thanks Samdoddsred. I will have a look around for something that size
anyone got any good car hire companies which they have used i would like to pick one up at the airport if possible any hints many thanks BB :thanks
i have just booked with this company- uk websiteif
if you require 3 days hire from airport to resort you will need to use te drop down menu and change destination to one way rental then re enter your details again to locate resort office

it was a great price for us 103 euro for 3 days hire in people carrier from alicante airport to torre
same price for last 3 days and this included extra driver free
the price includes all insurances so you dont get stung at the airport pick up point.

we had our owners friend to pick us up and her charge was 60 to 65 euro each way

for an extra 80 euro we get freedom to discover other places
We hired a car through CarJet last May (see my previous post). They are agents and used Sol-Mar. Their office is on the ground floor of the car park, towards the back. Just head straight out the door of the airport, cross the (very busy) road and keep going!

They were very courteous and efficient, the car was immaculate and brand new. When we booked, we opted for a Ford Fusion or similar. Ended up with a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI Sport. It did the job!

A week in, the window fell into the door! Phoned Sol-Mar, was asked to take the car to the nearest office which was Benidorm or Moraira. (Chose Moraira as we were in Calpe). My TomTom took me over the tops through Teulada (well worth a look for the scenery) straight to the office. They swapped the car for the nearest thing they had, a Focus C-Max TDCI, again brand new.

All in all, very happy with them and will be booking again for our visits in April and May.

The fuel issue - will be asking to return the car full this time to avoid paying them the 70(ish) Euro for the privelege! Is there a gas station near the airport?!!! Wasn't looking last time!

Hope this helps someone. :D
The bad news is CarJet won't allow full/full fuel deals on rentals over 3 days. :cry:

There's no way I'm paying for a full tank of gas when I'll only be doing 100 miles or so. :shock:

Back to the drawing board. :roll:
Update - The only company I can find who will do a full/full is EasyCar. Anyone know of any others? :D
Have you spoken to carjet? They used to do full/full if you asked for it.
I emailed them - computer said no! :lol:

Only on 3 days or less. :?

Shame, they're pretty good too.
We have definitely done it on a longer hire. Have you phoned them?

Or try premiercarjet, (same company different website)
Lots of the companies have stopped the full/full over the last year - if they all do it then they can get away with it. However, Auriga might be worth a try. They have now amalgamated with Crown and I managed to get full/full for a 4 days trip in January.
The nearest fuel station between Calpe and Alicante, is at La Marina, Benidorm. There is one very close to the airport but it is south of the airport. It is ages since I used it as I tend to take a chance on still having a "full" tank, by filling up at Benidorm.

I would be grateful if someone could remind me how to get to the fuel station just south of the airport and, more importantly, how to get back to the airport. I seem to remember getting a bit confused when I tried it before. :oops:
laurie -

According to my TomTom, there is a petrol station very close to the airport, certainly not 4 miles away. Don't know if it's a new one.

Tried Auriga - just goes straight to CarJet's site. :roll: It seems they own lots of car hire companies now. :wink:

Their fuel policy is very misleading. Having to pay in the region of £50 for fuel you may not use is a little bit naughty, don't you think?

They won't be getting my business this year....
the fuel station is not very far from the airport its in altet,come out of airport turn right,it the 1st village you come too,approx 5 mins
Percy: I think Auriga at Valencia might be more amenable to a full/full deal but, I agree, it is much harder to find a company now who will agree to it.

Kevin: When you say turn right out of the airport - presumably you mean out of the car rentals car park. And then what next - do I head for the A7? My problem is accessing a station off the A7 before dropping the car off. I really do take a chance filling up at Benidorm as by the time I get to the airport, the guage is starting to move a bit!
you dont go on the a7,theres a road on your right ,there is a lot of work going on there at the moment,the road is before you swing left for thr a7,just follow this road and you will come to allet,good luck
Yes, I can picture it now. Thanks will allow time to find it on my next trip.
Emailed CarJet again and asked how much the charge for fuel is. Their reply is "50 to 60 Euros". Don't suppose that's too bad and it beats searching for a petrol station. :)

Having used them before and been very happy, I'm going to give them another go. Only booking for the first trip though (April) so when I get back I'll post how much it was in reality. :)

They still use Sol-Mar at Alicante by the way. (Another company swallowed up by CarJet!!!) :roll:
Ended up with a car from GoldCar Europa through CarJet this time!

Booked a Ford Fusion or similar (group R car). Got a Fiat Punto 1.3 (allegedly turbo!!!) diesel. (terrible car btw :roll: ) Charged 52 euros for fuel. Tried to get us to take up their 'special offer' of an upgrade to a VW Golf petrol for another 20 euros. :roll: Asked if we wanted to insure the wheels & tyres for another 16 euros. :roll:

Bearing in mind the car takes 45 litres and diesel is around 95cents a litre at the moment, I think 52 euros is a bit steep. :wink:

Won't be using them again. :cry:
Hi all, I have just been give a quote for a car hire company but want to know how near it is to where I am staying so I would be very grateful if anyone knows. Via Emilio Ortuno S/N
benidorm

Regards Heidi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.