Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Yes, I always do, but there's not much there on the resort and apartments I'm interested in.

Sorry, I didn't realise it was wrong of me to ask for advice.

Deb
its not ,,but you would be suprised how many members don't look :duh .. have a ganda at thease reports

yasus
wizard
Hi,
I know of the Matoula. We were in Corfu 2 years ago and used to walk past the Matoula quite often when going on a walk to Acharavi.
From the outside, they looked very nice and tidy, with a nice pool area. They are set back from the beach. We haven't seen inside the apartments, but we have looked at staying there and have heard some good reports about them.
Acharavi itself is a busy resort with lots of shops, bars etc.. A lot of locals seem to live there. You may want to venture to the resort of Roda, a 15 minute walk from the Matoula.
Hi

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Deb
My daughter and her family are off to Matoula on Friday! Although it's their first time there, it will be their 3rd holiday in Acharavi. She has said that if it were just her and her husband, it probably wouldn't be their first choice of resort as it's a little bit too touristy for their tastes, but they think it's a great place for family holidays.

I've read a lot of enthusiastic reports about Matoula here

Elaine
Hi Deb

In my opinion you are going to one of the places i have ever been. The Matoula apts are really good. They are spacious and clean. They are literally 3 mins fom the shops or the beach. There are loads of nice restaurants both on the main street or along the sea front. The beach isnt the best as its a shingle beach. Do go into Faros bar on the beach front, Maria & Fannis are just soooo nice, they will make you feel really welcome.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Dawn x
Hi Dawn

Thanks for the info. The only thing now that's putting me off making the final booking is the weather. A few different people have told me that it can be a bit chilly and you can get quite a bit of rain in Corfu in October, any advice?

Deb
Go for it.......I went in October once but went to St Georges South.......out of the 7 days, we had 2 days of rain. Saying that we have just come back 4 weeks ago and bear in mind it was July...guess what ? Our first morning there it was raining :cry It didnt last long though ! I am sooo jealous, wish i was going!
I've just seen this post and was wondering WHO you have booked this holiday with as the two yrs we went to Matoula (same time as Dawn, yes they were some of the best apartments I've stayed in in Greece!!) they were with First Choice but I've heard they are now with a different tour operator and it may have been XL (!)

Anyway I hope your holiday is secure, Acharavi is a lovely place, well so is Corfu, a great place to start you off on Greek Holidays! ;)

Kate
Hi Kate

Matoula's still with First Choice until the end of this season. According to what the barman told my daughter, Mel, the other day, they may be forced to close next year if they can't find another operator. It's very sad, she says it's the nicest place they've ever stayed in Acharavi.

Elaine
Hi, Well i'm hoping Matoula Studio's are still with First Choice as we have just booked to go with them in June 2009, I believe they may be with Thomson now as it looks like Thomson and First choice have combined,

We stayed in 5 years ago and it was a fantastic break we did get 1 night of really heavy rain but it was cleared in the morning,

We are hoping that some of the bars and resturants we ate and drunk in are still there, all though their websites seem to have shut down now so doesn't look promising
HI, sorry my post won't help you out but I just had to say that our first of many Greek Holidays was spent in Acharavi. It was all of 16 years ago now :duh and we were allocated on arrival. At that time it wasn't very commercialized at all but there were a handful of bars and restaurants which we enjoyed with our two young sons. We had a small s/c villa very close to the beach and the use of a pool up the road. The weather and warmth of the locals ensured the Greek islands became our favourite haunt.

We've been back to Corfu once (not Acharavi) and visit other Greek islands annually.
Acharavi is a busy small town in the centre of St George's Bay, stretched along the main north coast road with lots of short walks down to the beach. You will find everything you need in terms of bars, restaurants & shops and, if you enjoy walking, a stroll along the seafront is specatcular with views of the mountains in Albania. You will be able to see the more compact village of Roda to the west - the stroll takes about 20 minutes. To the east, it is possible to walk along the beach to Almiros and, if you're really energetic, over the headland to St Spiridon's Bay. Most of these places can be found on internet searches.

In October 2008, the weather was fantastic. From September onwards, the climate does start to change but you can never tell when it will rain. 2008 saw a brief unsettled period in September and then it reverted to a summer climate. The sea temperature is still quite high and that means evenings are not to cool unless the wind picks up. I actually swam in the sea on December 1st, and was OK.

Hope this helps

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.