EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Even if you can't get a unit that has the controls you want, I'm sure an electician could come up with a timer to do it for you.
On the otherhand, it might be an idea to work out the maximum cost of electricity if is left on continuously and bujild this into your rental price for July and August (I must admit that I am on solar power and have no idea of the cost of electicity here). After all you are expecting the aircon to make your property more desirable.
Denis
Koldair have been around in Fuengirola for over 30 years and I've not heard any bad reports about them. They offer a Fujima-Toshiba unit for 635 euros fully fittted. Address is Poligono San Rafael (phone 605 428 307). Hope this helps. Tony
Thanks for the info.
My m8's going over to get it fitted next week so I'll pass on that number for Fuengirola to him.
We'll probs have to suck it and see regards the timer and speak to an electrician if its not possible to get a timer fitted at the time of installation.
It seems a good idea for rentals, in particular if people leave it on when they go to the beach or when they go to bed.
Thanks
I agree with denis
On the otherhand, it might be an idea to work out the maximum cost of electricity if is left on continuously and bujild this into your rental price for July and August (I must admit that I am on solar power and have no idea of the cost of electicity here). After all you are expecting the aircon to make your property more desirable.
people would expect the A/C to be working all the time even during the night when it can still be very hot, and there is nothing worse than having to leave all the windows open because you are to hot, and getting bitten to death.

You need to build in the extra electricity cost into the rental charge, plus when you advertise it for rent you can say the property havs full A/C which should help get more rentals.
Thanks for all your help chaps. M8 got one in Fuengirola and they have installed a meter box in it which is ideal. One Euro will get approximately 4 hours of air conditioning, which means that those renting will get it cheap and we can avoid the worry of people leaving it on all day and night.
You could ask your electrician to set up the electrics as they do in hotel rooms.
They are only on when a "key" attached to the keyring is inserted into a special circuit breaker so electrics only on when someone in villa/apartment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image