Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I think you will get a mix of folks later on in the season, though you will always get the hen & stag parties anytime of year whether you choose the old town or the strip. Where are you thinking of booking, ( hotel?). September is a lovely month to holiday with everything still open, in fact we are flying out the same day you are thinking of booking.
We went to Albufeira in September a couple of years ago (two lots of couples) and it was a brilliant time to go away. Everything was still open and we found (stuck to old town only though) that it wasn't teenagers/early 20s away, but people ranging from mid 20s upwards so was a nice crowd out and about. We had a fantastic time and would highly recommend it.
We went the first week in October a few years back and everything was still open, so you certainly won't have an issue with that in September. We are actually heading over in September as well but staying in Praia Da Rocha this time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.