Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Css your accommodation is ok for walking into the resort 20 minutes at least but a bit of a bind on the way back especially with a pushchair & when u have had a drink, or maybe a taxi would be better, if you need the taxi phone number send me a private message and i will send it to you, its cheaper than booking it through the hotel. If you need to hire a car, which maybe the best option try http://www.economycarhire.com they are far cheaper than the travel company rates & with no excess on insurance. I am sure you will get lots of reports from other folks who have stayed at this hotel giving you some advice, In fact there is a topic on this forum under alto da colina if you have a look. Cheers Jayjan
I can also thoroughly recommend http://www.economycarhire.com. The laws on child seats in Portugal are the same as our new ones here so I'm sure they would provide the correct seat if you tell them how old your daughter is.

The currency is Euros and there are lots of ATM's in Albufeira.

Hope you have a fantastic time in the Algarve and will want to come back again and again! :yipee
Of to the alto in a few weeks would love to hear from anyone who's been, if anyone knows of any good places to go or good child friendly restraunts etc, that would be great .
does anyone no of the local taxi phone number please, i have heard there can be quite a long wait if you book via the hotel
I hear some good things about economy car hire meant to be cheapest

There is a taxi rank just down the hill in Alvor with plenty of taxis I just got back August 08 and a taxi to Portimao cost 7 Euro

More info there is a new Barclays just down the hill also and by the back gate at Alto is another new bank just around the corner from the Pizza place that has an ATM.

Charges by my bank for withdrawing supprised me £2.10p per with draw which I think is a rip off
Altoclub the resort is not the same the Alto da Colina is in Balaia nr Albufeira
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.