Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I have always taken euros and my ordinary Visa card, which has worked perfectly well throughout Greece and Turkey. Has anybody had problems?
in general, most bank ATM's will accept Visa/Mastercard debit cards to a lesser extent Amex, we have never taken traverlers cheques in europe {you usualy pay commission when you buy them and again when you cash them} we have always got the best rates changing sterling localy

wizard
I do not advice travellers cheques as when i was last in Kos (Kefalos) the couple in the next apartment had some money stolen and one of them had AMEX Travellers Cheques and the other had Thomas Cook ones, anyway they where told they would need to travel to Athens or Rhodes to get replacements, it's not worth it, just take some Euros, your normal bank card and get a safety deposit box. There are definately ATM's in Kos town and Im sure you will travel there at some point.

Enjoy yourselves whatever your decide
please see the where to find an atm link near the top of the page

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.