Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi Vicky and welcome to the site. :wave:

Just a couple of questions to help in any recommendations: Have you been to Menorca before? Any thoughts on a resort yet? What are you looking for in your resort and accomodation? How old are you children? Are kids clubs/entertainment etc important to you?

Wouldn't want to rave about somewhere that might be the opposite to what you are looking for.
Hi, No we haven't been to Menorca before. Have been to Majorca and stayed in the Alcudia resort. The children will be 8,6,1 when we travel. We are not bothered which resort but have heard that cal n bosh is a good one. Activities for the kids would be an advantage as if they are happy then its alot easier for us. For the adults we just like a nice pool, beach which isn't too far away, decent food and somewhere clean to stay. Thx.
Hi again. We came back from Cala'n Bosch 3 weeks ago having stayed for a fortnight at the Paradise Club apartments. I'd definately recommend the resort and apartments for a first visit to Menorca. Paradise Club is ideal for families with nice, modern apartments and plenty going on during the day for the children. The pool area is large although pretty busy, but I think you have to expect this in August. They are literally a minute's walk to the marina where all the restaurants are, there's a few shops and bars...just enough to keep you happy for the fortnight. There's also a kids park called Goody Goody in the marina with Bouncy Castles, etc to keep the kids occupied. Beach is around 10 min walk away too. They are available through Direct Holidays or through http://www.marhotels.com if you want to have a look.

I've been to Cala'n Bosch twice now and booked to go back to Menorca next year too...I really don't think you can beat it for a family holiday, especially whilst your children are young.
We go to Arenal d'en Castell which is a small tranquil resort. We love it there. The beach is a couple of minutes away from the pool down a hill. First time we went our childern were 1, 4 and 6 and they love it there. The beach is in a horse shoes shaped bay so the water is calm and great for small ones. However, if you want a busy resort it might not be the right place. Although during the school holidays there are lots of families there. We go to a hotel called Aguamarina but there are others in the resort also.
Hi Vicky have you booked anywhere yet?

We went to Menorca for the first time in Sept with our toddler and loved it! We stayed in Cala n bosch and agree with Nic its a great place for kids. Its very family friendly with a great beach. The Goody Goody park is excellent and our wee one (and his dad!) loved it. We stayed at the hotel cala n bosch and I cant speak highly enough about it. It was brilliant, in fact we have booked to go back next year. It was all inclusive and it just suited us perfectly as everything was on hand and we didnt have to go out for meals every night. the kids club was great and the evening entertainment fab.

cant wait to go back next year!!
Menorca in my opinion is the best island for families with children. Great beaches and quite area.
hello vicky.
we have stayed at the almarante farragutt hotel in cala forcat on six occasions.this hotel is great for families,sun bathing,big pool,very well run by the management who have been there years.
the resort is man made with plenty to do for the young ones.high quality bus service outside the hotel to the old capital ciudadella.this hotel is 3 star but bordering on a 4 star.

sam.
we stayed in hotel cala n bosch last year fantastic place great for kids great location right on beach entertainment very good would highly recommend
Vicki.

We have been to Cala'n Forcat twice now and I would reccomend the 'Vista's Picas' appartments. We like to get out of the hotel some nights, or stay in if the entertainment is good. And the combination of Cala'n Forcat and the Vistas Picas suited.

Cala'n Forcat is very child orientated with pub/restaurants several having play areas attached where for a few euros the little uns can play safely. No teenage groups, although there is one late night club. Water park in middle of the resort. Although maybe needing a lick of paint in places, the kids don't notice that sort of thing. I think you will have a good time.

Vistas Picas are decent quality appartments, centrally located, with a decent pool and no sun bed problem. Only gripe I had was the paddling pool perfect for toddlers, and the main pool perfect for kids who are swimmers. But 4-ish to 8-ish age group who don't swim struggle a bit. The paddle pool is about 1 foot deep, and the main pool is about 4 foot to 8 foot deep. It could do with a shallower end.

One thing to consider is that very few appartment/hotels in Forcat have air conditioning and hire fans are available and a must.

We had a day in Cala'n Bosch and enjoyed it, although got the feeling 1 week would be enough there.

Hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.