Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
KKN2003
Four of us are going on the 15th June, we always go away for the world cup, and the European,s, but unfortunately we will be at the Side Star in Side. pitty we could have all shouted the boys on together.

COME ON ENGLAND

The Preacher ROONEY :- ROONEY :bow
There will be a great atmostphere, the Turkish are football MAD!!!
I have been there during world cup a couple of times and it is a great atmosphere there.
Hi K

There are 45 of us (yes 45, but including quite a few kids) going out on 18 June for 2 weeks staying just round the corner from you at the Club Exelsior and the majority of us will be watching the games and cheering on the boys all the way (hopefully - fingers crossed eh) ;) I've been going out there many years and seen loads of England games and the atmosphere is always brilliant.

Kitti :cheers
gping out on the 9 june oludeniz 3 weeks. always have a fantastic memory of being in brothers bar marmaris when we done the germans 5..1 lets hope it goes well,
Hi I also have been in Marmaris for the many world cups and european cups and the atosphere is fantastic, I have a video of the night in June 2008 when the whole place sent mad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS6dweGAml8. What a night!!!
Oh and yes I will be there again thi year from 2nd July to 16th so I will be there for the final!!!!!
I will be there to watch the footie, I go end of June, and I was also there in June 08 and yes the atmosphere is fantastic, carnt wait. Come on England :glynis
We will be in Turkey for the final we go on the 9th of July. We were there during the last world cup and watched the game where England got knocked out and even though England went out the atmosphere was great. There was a bar that charged you a small fee and all the drinks were free during the game. It was packed, we did not take advantage of that as it was inside and we wanted to stay outside but the place both in and out was packed.
Can anyone recommend any good bars in Side, for whatching the world cup.

The Preacher
The Preacher

Most bars will be showing the games. Where will you be staying at, then I can reccomend ones nearer to you?
Hi CloClo
We are staying at the Side Star Hotel,

The Preacher :tup
Ok, thats a bit further into Side than we normally go (although were very near there in October). Will have a talk with the family and get back to you with recomendations.

Normally I'd reccomend Linda Bar on the Side-Kumkoy road but I reckon that could be a bit far to walk comfortably if its hot.

But I'd bet on almost every bar showing the games, it will be a great atmosphere out there - they love their football.
We're going to Club Aida on 21st june, 5 adults & 5 kids ( 13, 12, 11, 9 & 6) :cheers
Where's the best place to watch the Football.??
Hi. We are also going to Club Aida (28th June) for 2 weeks, 4 adults and 2 football mad 12 year olds. However, we're Scottish and our numpty football team are nowhere near the finals!!
Theres quite a few good pubs near the Club Aida that are good for watching the football and wisyfam3 you can always support us, COME ON ENLAND :rofl
Kristina
Oppps forgot to mention, I will be there then I go on the 27th June and i,m staying at the Club Likya just up the road from the Club Aida :cheers Kristina
yes there are 16 of us goin june 11th for 2 weeks :tup :tup
Hi there, all booked and fully paid!!!!!! Going club julian on the 14th of June for 11ngts! :cheers
Only if I can wear my ABE (Anyone But England) T-shirt! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.