Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
From what I recall of the hotel's location - it's set back from the road so you shouldn't get any great traffic noise.

The front of the hotel (the inland side) is where the main entrance is and the car park.

Inland views are towards the mountain range of Troodos.

CwB
I would always look for a sea view but I don't think I would pay an extra £400 for it.

Sometimes in other hotels, we have asked if a sea view is available when checking in at Reception and been up-graded free of charge or only paid an nominal sum.
I think that is what I would do in your case unless the view is very important to you.
It is a nice hotel. It used to be adults only - don't know if it still is.
There are only a few rooms where you have an inland view (ie no sea view at all) and they are at the front of the hotel.
The alternatives are a pool and sea view or a side sea view where the rooms face outwards from the hotel.
Quite honestly you'll probably not be spending a lot of time in the room except for sleeping, changing, etc.
One of the advantages of an inland or side sea view is that you don't overlook the hotel patio and thus won't be disturbed by the nightly entertainment if you want an early night.
The inland view isn't bad, looking towards Coral Bay village and the mountains - in fact if you look in the photo gallery I posted a view a couple of years ago which will give you an idea.

On a different note, the hotel seems to be fully booked this year and when I was there in June they were offering guests on a two week holiday an opportunity to spend a week at one of the Tsokkos hotels in Protaras, with an upgrade, VIP transfer, etc. You may want to take that up if it's on offer and if you have't been to Cyprus before.

Alternatively, if you don't mind a short uphill walk to the hotel (150 yards maybe) you could ask if they'll move you to one of the 'bungalows'. These are about 10 yards from the sea and to views are really fabulous - for some reason the hotel always fill these last and you can often get moved to one of these if you ask.

Enjoy your holiday

Dave
Thanks everyone for your comments. Unfortunately I missed the deal on teletext for the 12th Aug so now looking for the following week. The hotel is fully booked only a few spaces. There are other hotels available but we like the adult only ones, no kids screaming round the pool, been there, done that. Will let you all know if I get a good deal!
Thanks!
It certainly does seem to be very popular this year.
I suspect that with the lousy exchange rate an all inclusive deal is actually a safe bet. I certainly found Cyprus to be expensive this year although local prices in Euro's haven't gone up that much. Basically the exchange rate has put the sterling equivalent up by almost 50 percent.

I'm also surprised to see that a lot of tour operators aren't including the Ascos next year. I enquired at my local 'First Choice' office and they tell me they aren't booking the Ascos after next April and it's not in Thompson's 2010 brochure or their web site either. I'm not having much luck finding it with most of the other operators either.
When I first went to the Ascos in 1998 it was something like 80 percent First Choice and the remainder was Thomson bookings, so it's quite a change
if you go to one of the independents that can build a holiday for you then you should be able to return [www.medhotels.co.uk]
are showing it

yasus
wizard
Medhotels only show availability for the Ascos up to March 2010 and that's 'only' about £1,200 without flights, so you're looking at the best part of 2 grand for an out of season break, before you even think of spending any money.

After March they don't find an hotel that meets the spec required (ie they aren't listing the Ascos).

I used to have a great source of info based at the Tsokkos HQ in Ayia Napa but unfortunately she's on maternity leave.

Ah well, it could be Egypt next year.....or quite possibly that place north of the Green Line!

Dave
Hi very confused this hotel has always been an adults only hotel for the summer months but now on the Thomas Cook website it states that children are now allowed, can anybody shed some light on this please. This will definately spoil a lovely hotel :que
There were children in the hotel when we were there in December about 4 years ago.
2 were right next door , and woke us at 6am! Having an afternoon nap wasnt an option as they played in the corridor outside the room. :yikes
Yes children were allowed between october and march but then went to adults only but now apparently they are allowed all year round, I won't be booking if this is the case :(
I'm even more confused.. there is an Ascos beach hotel owned by Tsokkos group and a Coral Beach hotel and resort owned by Leptos calypso hotels..... i'm thinking :think the coral beach hotel and resort may have changed hands since last you went

yasus
wizard
Its the one owned by Toskoss I want info about :que
No Wizard, they are two seperate hotels.

As theofficer has said, the Ascos Coral Beach Hotel used to be adults only, but unfortuately it looks like their policy has now changed with regards to allowing children to stay there.

Kath x
I'm actually waiting for a reply from the manager of the Ascos about this.

I've heard from a couple of people that the Ascos Coral Beach is accepting bookings for both adults and children next year. On checking myself, via a tour operators site, Thomson's would apparantly accept a booking from me for two adults and two children in June 2010.

The hotel was designed as an all inclusive, adults only hotel and there aren't really any facilities for children there.

I know that during the winter they operate differently but ever since I've known the place they've had a policy of no children under 16 between May and October. If you want a relaxing break for a week or two this makes a lot of difference

I suspect that it's a mistake. The Ascos is normally fully booked throughout the summer and has a fairly loyal 'core' of regular guests. Allowing children would be a backward step and I probably wouldn't visit the hotel again if they do.

I hope it's mistake!!

I'll post an update when I hear back from the manager
  • Edited by drandle 2009-09-14 08:53:13
Thanks Drandle, look forward to your reply.
Following on from my last post I've now heard from Tsokkos marketing, from their head office in Ayia Napa.

They've confirmed that, as from 2010, the Ascos Coral Beach will no longer be an adults only hotel and that children will be allowed.

For many people, the fact that there were no kids at the hotel was one of the attractions and I suspect that the hotel will have an entirely different feel about it next year.
Ah well.......on to pastures new I suppose!

Dave
hi can anyone tell me the dress code for this hotel going in 3 weeks
thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.