Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi

We always make for "Claudinas" where we meet up with lots of friends made on previous visits. Anthony and his wife Tina who own the shack are a real friendly couple and the food is out of this world! (which can probably be said about all the shacks and owners in Goa) :)

You will be spoilt for choice!

Walk down a bit further past the Highland and turn left at "The Taste of China" carry on down the beach road past Alexandras and Inferno. Claudinas is the first shack on the left.

Sometimes when feeling lazy we get a taxi from outside the hotel!

It is not as near as 21 Coconuts which is equally as good too..but we are a bit territorial and tend to head for where we know.

Ann
:wave
Claudinas is fab. We always use this shack, the foods great and Anthony really knows how to make you feel welcome, he's a wee star !!
Thanks for that people.

It looks like being Claudinas then.

Cheers

McGroogle
We always went to Sun n Sand - they dont have a huge variey of food but they the sunloungers there are more spaced apart and the chaps that work there are great - Simon and Jai are great fun!
Just take the road along by the grotty looking health centre and it'll bring you to some shacks.
Also going to the phoenix in april. First time in Goa so I am also trying to read all the advice that I can find. What date do you fly? might see you there
We are flying from Gatwick (about 4.30pm from memory) on 15th. April.

Going for 14 days.

McGroogle 8)
Hi Mcgroogle.

Snap only booked at Christmas and been on count down since then, only eleven weeks to go, I bet you didn't know that did you ? :lol: cant wait for April to get here.

booked premium seats for the first time, done to many long haul feeling like a sardine.

See you in the Sun

Alan
Alan, it's our 1st time too.

There's me (Jim), Michelle (the Missus) and Shannon (our 12 yr. old daughter).

Yes, we are looking forward to the holiday, on countdown now as you say. Keep looking on this forum for advice, it's invaluable. Holidaytruths is brilliant - I did a DIY holiday to Turkey 2 yrs ago after reading the 'Turkey forum' - and somehow bought a villa out there. But that's another story.

There are 2 other good forums too, which I will PM you. (This is by far the best one though - had to get that in Fiona :lol: )

Oh - and I compile a list whilst reading the info and make a document using 'Word ' - you soon get several pages of useful stuff, like 'Things to Pack', 'Best Restaurants, 'Trips', etc.

Enjoy the research. and be prepared to burn the midnight oil - all good stuff.

PM with some details of who you are and perhaps we can meet up for a beer airside at Gatwick before the flight.

McGroogle 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.