France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
can anyone help
9 Posts
i want to be near the eiffel tower but not miles away from the airport.somewhere in the middle if ya like

Erm, I'm afraid that I have bad news for you - the airports in Paris are a long way out from the centre!

You might try looking at the usual suspects - Accor hotels (Etap, Ibis, Campanile and Novotel) or Timhotel, Comfort Hotels or Libertel. If no go, try googling Paris Hotel Accommodation and see what comes up.
if you search with either expedia or lastminute you can enter a 'search' to what you want to be close to may give you a option as to see what is close then go search elsewhere as to get a cheaper price.
  • Edited by tatty 2007-01-29 11:11:44
thanks for that.up to now i think im looking at the novetel paris gare montparnasse.very nice hotel and its only 20 mins from airport and 2 mins from eiffel tower.think im set but bf is still unsure lol
If you DO go to the Novotel Montparnasse, PLEASE go up the Montparnasse tower - the views are incredible, and whilst you can get to the very top in the open air, a couple of storeys below it is all glassed in so that you can still see all of Paris at your feet even if it's raining!
right im now officially staying at the novatel paris tour eiffel.looks very nice!! anyone been here before as its not rated on the reviews.i was also looking at getting something special in the room as its my bfs bday when we arrive there.any help appreciated
I have added the Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel Tour here

Hopefully somebody who has been will submit a review.

Sarah
For a 'surprise', you'll have to ring the hotel directly and arrange it with them. I am sure it will be doable, and that there will be someone who speaks fluent english to help you plan it. You might want to ask for guest services or the 'gouvernante (goo-ver-nan-tuh) who deals with rooms and their contents.
well ive emailed them so hopefully someone will reply.think ill give it a week and then ill try ringin them.my french aint that good either!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.