Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Caves
9 Posts
Hi

I have been to the Cova de Can Marçàa couple of times and would highly recommend them.

The whole tour takes about 40 minutes with approx 30 minutes underground.
The tours set off at set times during the day, every half hour starting at 10:30.

The bus from Ibiza Town takes you to the caves so don't get off in Puerto San Miguel, wait till the bus goes up the hill past the Galleon Hotel.

Some pictures and info here -
http://www.ibizaholidays.com/caves-can-marca/default.html

:que There is an official website and if I can find it I will post a link for it on here for you.

Graham
Agree that the caves are worth a visit. If you go, try and be near the front of the tour, so as when you get to the waterfall part of the tour, you will be able to see it properly.
Mick
Website found - http://personal.iddeo.es/turesma/

The section in English isn't brilliant but a look around the site will give you an idea of what to expect.

Graham
Hi Folks

Thanks for the replies, we are staying in San An Bay do you think we will be able to get a bus from the bus station at San Antonio.

thanks Gail
Hi Gail

Yes you can get a direct bus, Lucas Costa is the company operating them but they are few and far between.

Timetable -
http://www.ibizabus.com/html/linea22.htm

Graham
we went yesterday, my legs are aching from all the steps :tongue ,must get fitter.it was worth it though,the kids enjoyed it. mo.
Hi folks
Thank for replies, we did go and visit the caves a couple of weeks ago. Got a taxi in the end . Yes the scenery is beautiful as you go down the stairs along the cliff. Who lives in the villa on the little island/rock wow! The cave was a bit of a disappointment especially when the tour guide told us wait here a minute while I turn on the waterfall. I wouldn't recommend making a special trip just for the caves, unless, you are maybe staying nearby or passing in that direction or want to check out the countryside then yes do go. We went to the Hippy Market from there and then back to San An so quite expensive on taxi's that day. The kids on bikes and trikes put us off hiring a car, must be more than a few a day come off those doner machines.
We have done the caves but not for a few years. The walk down to them is not for the faint hearted. The caves were ok, not on the scale of Drach in Majorca but big enough. When we went the guide pointed to a couple of bones that he claimed were fossils, to me they looked like a couple of chicken leg bones superglued to the rock!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.