Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Childs Sari???
14 Posts
:tup

I brought one in goa for my self this time and i payed 400rps for it got him down from 800 dont no if this was a good price or not and you can get the tops to go under for about 200rp but i payed a lot more but thats another story :rofl

hope this helps.

Pip
x
Thanks Pip :) Come on lets hear the story as well, hopefully it's a funny or daft one :)
400 seems like a good price, and to be honest, I'd be fine paying that for a kids one.

Anyone happen to know any good places to buy them from in Candolim / Baga?
My sister in law bought 2 for her grand children in Candolim 2 year ago and they charged her 700 rupees each to me this was far to much but I know for a fact thats what she paid ....she got them on the little lane going down to whispering palms it is the tailor about 3 or 4 shops down......colleen
Ah right, cheers for that Colleen, I know where you mean :)
Will give it a go, or ask at a couple of tailors then.

Cheers :)
We were asked to bring one of these home last March for a friend of my daughter's. Got fixed up in Panjim for 500R (about £6 at the time). It was a beuatiful deep pink with gold detail. The Indian lady whose daughter it was for was made up with it. If you get the bus to Betim and the ferry across to Panjim turn right as you get off the ferry and walk along the promenade until you see the fruit and flower market on the other side. Cross over and walk through the market - this is very colourful and well worth doing anyway. When you get through to the other side of the market there is a large store selling every type of sari and material across the road. Have fun.

Wanderer57
Hi, there re loads in Anjuna market. I bought one for my daughter last February and they put it on her to show me how to do it, consequently she has never worn it since but i'm sure i could roughly remember! ha!! Can't remember how much i paid for it though.

Jazz
hi yes in calangute high street just past the petrol pumps two shops opposite each other both belong same chap facing towards old pumps on the far right corner not the left coner where they sell football tops sells all childrens sizes in sari i got one for my niece last april really fancy gold trim etc,300/-rupees,down the road just past the capricorn daytime there is usually a couple selling tibetan type ones on the pavement too
I seem to recall someone buying one at the Friday Mapsa Market when I was there a couple of years ago.
Hi.....we went to a wedding in Goa 2 yrs ago and all female guests from England ..including children got Sari and Chudidhars[pants and tops]made for us...took about 3 days as there were so many of us :yipee ,the English lady who was getting married lives in Goa and she shopped around and we got the best deal at ....See Girl, shop 160 Mapusa market. I got 3 Chudidhars made there last year and got them within 2 days.100 % cotton .fabric and make up £7.00 per set ..on their buisness card it also says....fancy frocks a speciality ,should anyone want one :shush ....Liz
:tup Just seen childrens sari's in Dubai Stores, (underground store) few doors down from Bombay Bazar

Could not find them in Mapsa or Panjim Market last year although have bought them 'off the peg' other years. :sun2
Where abouts is Dubai Stores?

We go two weeks today woo woo :D
Hope I am not too late, just passed some childrens sari's in Candolim on the stalls the other side of the road to Chandra jewellers.
:tup
Off to Candolim tomorrow Milly, so perfect timing :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.