Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi

We stayed (6 of us in 3 studios) at the Chrysoula for 2 weeks back in 2002it was our second trip to Kefalos, the first being back in 2000, on that occassion we stayed at the Hermes Hotel.

We were there the night England beat Germany 5-1, what a night!!(Popeye's)

The apartments are right on the edge of the resort, it's quite a long walk to the centre, but plenty of waterholes on the way

The pool is the main feature

Studios were basic but clean

Hope this helps

John
Thanks John.

What a night that must of been!
I'm suprised you can remember much after that. Many germans there?

Any other comments about the resort welcome.
Hi Ian, As john says Chrysoula is at the 'top' end of the resort, situated just back from the main road in a quiet position. The pool is huge, Chrysoula does a mean chip butty for lunch too by the way - proper chips! There is a small kiddies pool, and always lots snack on offer at the pool bar. Rooms look okay, typical Greek. We have not actually stayed there but have used the pool on many occasions, all the beds (and they are numerous) have padded mattresses on so nice and comfy! You are a one min walk to the nearest supermarket. two mins to beach. Basilica Ruins also close by which may be interesting for the kids to roam around. The road all along the front leading to the main village which is up in the hills overlooking the resort is long and literally peppered with tavernas on both sides mostly excellant and some good bars, personally we prefer the harbour end - this would take you a good twenty mins walk or more from Chrysoula. Serviced by a bus during the day though.

We are due to return to Kefalos for our eleventh visit in September so almost locals!!

Should you think of anything else don't hesitate to either PM me or ask!

Heather
Thanks for that Heather.

What in your opinion would be the best place (self catering) to stay in Kefalos if not the Chrysoula Apartments.

Lant.
Sorry Lant called you Ian before :oops:

Numerous places I could safely recommend. Dimitris is very good indeed, there are two blocks, one older than the other but just as good. As is Mayflower Peros complex. Kontessa, or Albatross down near the harbour. We are off to Kalonisa for second time in sept, and have also stayed twice at Dimitris, these are the only ones we have doubled up on

Hope this helps
Heatehr
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.