Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi glamourpuss999

Does that mean you have recently been to the hotel? Would love to hear your comments regarding your stay.

Thanks a lot

Brook St
:) Lisa London, it would be great to hear your review and to see some photos of the accomodation.As previously said there is some interesting debate on the http://www.tripadvisor.com forums.One concerned lady phoned thompson to relay her concerns re the entertainment nad was apparently told to ring the hotel up and sort it out with Atlantica, this is totally unacceptable!!!Thompson and first choice are still advertising childerens clubs in their brochures but fail to state that this apparently caters for german guests only, all the adult entertainment is also believed to be in german. I am also enquiring as to where would i stand legally if i wanted to cancel and change to another hotel, i am not prepared to pay any transfer costs, they are clearly failing in telling guests what to expect on arrival. :(
Hi everyone

Well from what I can make out, although it does seem to be a German orientated hotel (didn't realise this when we booked), they are going to try and sort the entertainment to accomodate the English as well. Hopefully before we go.

There looks to be plenty of sunbeds around so hopefully we won't have to put our towels on them before we go to bed! :lol: You had to be up before the birds last year to get a sunbed - and that was an English hotel in Lanzarotte!

Reports are that the hotel is lovely, as are the staff and the rooms, and the beach and the views are beautiful :sun

There will be at least 9 english voices from 12th July for a couple of weeks, and I am sure we can make our own entertainment if necessary!

Anyone else going the same time as us? If not, we will be sure to let you know how we get on when we come back.

Let's just hope we win the World Cup!!! :rofl
:?: This thread seems to have gone quiet.Has anybody any more information re the current state of play re entertainment, german dominated etc.Any reviews of the hotel or news would be greatly appreciated
Hi jono77

I did email the hotel on the 16th June and I know they read it as a read receipt notice came back on the 17th. No reply as yet though!

Our friends who are coming with us came across a German review site and this is what was on it........ (aparently you could get it translated into English via Google)

Beautiful hotel in beautiful situation
The hotel had only again opened again. Each day became better it with everything. In the end completely madly. My son had cared for and helpfully an accident in the best way, from the hotel personnel.
Unfortunately a great many Englishmen. These are very habituation needy.
We will come back to in any case.

Don't know if this helps you or not!
It was on trip advisor and the English gave it a good review - the above bit was on the German part.

Brook St
I think this is the hotel I have just booked with Olympic.
They call it Hotel Atlantica and Gardens. Is this the same one. It is also in Thomsons and JMC brochures. Thomsons is owned by TUI which is very much German orientated as there headquarters are in Germany.
Every time I go to ahotel with germans in it I always have a battle over sun beds. Roll on world war three may2007 :lol:
Hi, me and a group of friends are going to atlantica on 5th July-13th July anyone else going around this time?
Have looked at Lisa's pictures and they are really good cant wait! does anyone else have any pictures?

Any one who has been, do you know how much prices are for:
The water park
Taxis to and from the resort centre
Club/drinks prices?

Also how far is this hotel from the actual resort of Ayia Napa? Is it within walking distance?

Hope to hear from someone soon :D
Post edited for copyright reasons
David HT Mod
Post edited for copyright reasons
David HT Mod
well i started this thread nearly 12 month ago, now after seeing all positive reviews & comments weve booked for june this year,thanks for al info...any latest info would be grateful
what are the best rooms to ask for eg pool & sea views? :wink:
Hi asp31, when are you going in June? I'll be there from the 13th for one week (wish it was longer!) I've never been either, so I'm interested in everyone's reviews :D
Hi all

myself and my partner stayed at the atlantica sungarden beach in august 2006 and all we can say is AMAZING!!!!

we had a fab time. we stayed in a studio on all inclusive basis and can honestley say the we could not fault anything if you like good food and drink and plenty of it then you have made the right choice. The staff were very friendly - stelios at the lobby bar always remembered our order and before our glass was empty we had a fresh drink ready!!! :wink: the cleanliness was spot on. the pool area was very clean and the entertainment team that were there were very good with children and adults. at the pool bar the all inclusive snacks were pasties pizza sandwiches and sausage rolls along with ice cream and ice lollies. pool towels are provided which can be exchanged for clean ones twice per week. in the main resturant there was a themed night every night including italian chinese greek food as well as many other choices should you not want the themed option.

hope that helps

ness and mark 8)
Hello again

Well, it's getting closer - only 56 days to go until I visit!! Just a quick question to those that have stayed here, do you get bottled water included in the AI? I've been to some hotels that do and some that don't. I really find it a blessing when they do, as you can take them up to your room at the end of the night.

Thanks in advance!
:D Jayne :D
Jayne, yes you do, just ask at the bar, and you have a fridge in the room to keep it cool
Great, thanks Graham.
Hello

Just a couple of questions...

How much would a taxi be from here to the waterpark? And how long would it take?

Does the Sky in the rooms have all the normal channels, or just the BBC ones?

Ok, now a really girly question, but hoping someone can help... are the hairdryers here any good? I have very long hair and need something reliable. If they're no good, I shall take my own, but otherwise I'd be happy to have a lighter suitcase without it!

If anyone has any little bits of info they want to pass on about either this hotel, or it's surrounding areas I'd be really grateful.

Thanks
Hi JAYNECAFC We are going here in august can you let us know your views on your return we are taking 2 sixteen year olds so I am interested to know if it is geared up for that age group(not that they are rowdy they just get bored easily) and are the beds comfortable. Hope you have a great time
Sure will aerdna, lets hope it's good reviews I'm bringing back with me!
hi all
having started this thread many moons ago, i can now say first hand the hotel is very well situated & is of 3+ standard.the food is good the staff are excellent & attentive.if it had entertainment then it would be a 4 star.whilst we were there the kids club reps left(andrea & claire)left because of the segregation form the tui reps.
the views are excellent & a short walk to a good beach & only 10 mins to agia napa beach/centre.
any questions
drop me a line
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.