France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Collioure
15 Posts
We didn't stay there but visited a couple of times from St Cyprien Plage which is slightly up the coast. We were there at the end of June and even then it was quite busy, particularly on market days. The town itself is quite small and doesn't have that much to offer other than being very pretty. Personally, I would say that Collioure isn't quite central enough as a base for seeing the area and the road south from it towards Banjul and beyond is quite narrow and twisty and I could imagine it being a nightmare in the height of the season.
My in-laws are travelling from Barcelona to the Montpellier area in September and coincidentally we've been online tonight looking for somewhere in Collioure for them to have an overnight stop.
Thanks Elaine for your help,
Will take your comments on board although I would be happy with a quiet French seaside town. Not so sure about the traffic etc. Still investigating!
Ah Collioure

my favourite little French seaside village

at the back of the beach there is a road that's quite busy BUT the main town is off the beaten track

a arty little cafe culture that takes you back in time and the Church is :!: WOW

will put some pics on Photobucket and post a link tonight
Thanks Gary,
Can't wait. Sounds great!
The photo's of Colliour are here
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/France/Collioure/

the name is GRAY short for Graham it's a common mistake so don't worry
:whoops Thanks GRAY!! { that's what I get for skim reading!}
Pics are great. Looks like my kinda town!
Am seriously considering this for next summer. :thanks
We base ourselves around Canet or Argeles when we are in this area also a trip to spend loads of money in Le Perthus is much easier than the 4 hour trip to Andorra
Hi Gray!
HAd to do a search for Le Perthus as had never heard of it. I take it everything's much cheaper here than in France?
OH YES

but you have to arrive well before 9am any day to get street parking as the carparks are at the top of the hill

but we got

12 year old Malt for €23 :D :D :D
Port for €1.99
Cuban Cigars for €46 for 25 montecristo

and a certain herb (Saffron the real thing) for €5 for 40g which in the UK would cost £3.49 for 4g :lol: :lol:

and £500 more stuff
Sounds good!

Do you know if there are sunbeds with parasols for hire on Collioure
beach(es)?
I believe there's more than one beach. Are the beaches small? :sun
Best coastal town in Med France; Beaches, Resturants, shops, scenery......everything you could want, ..........................No sunbeds or parasols for hire; you need to take your own!
There are several beaches but they are not what I wpould call 'big'.
Now I,ve recalled all this I cant wait to go back there!
Mitch
Thanks for that very positive feedback, Mitch!
It sounds the sort of place I'd really like. We're keeping this at the no.1 spot for next year's summer holiday while we investigate ferries & accommodation!
Hi mon amie!

Try this for starters!!

http://www.tourisme.fr/office-de-tourisme/collioure.htm

A bientôt!

Alsa
Merci Beaucoup, Alsa!

Lots of useful and enticing info there. Only problem is that I want to go NOW!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.