Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
We have a time share apt at Dona Lola. It's a biggish complex leading onto the beach. Swimming pools outside and inside, gym , sauna , beauty room . One of the outside pools being an adult only area. It is on a very busy main road although you wouldn't no that when you in the complex. A row of bars and places to eat at the front of the conplex. There was a bridge over the main road to the Calahonda complex which is much bigger lots of bars shops etc , that was taken down last year . Don't no if it as been put back up. You can walk under the road there is a path down the side of Dona Lola. We didn't feel the entertainment was much good. Kareoke a quiz night the odd singer and flamenco. We have had the timeshare for 4 years and only stayed there once. We now use it for Holiday swapping. I don't like the main road, every time you want to go out anywhere you have to use the road. Lots of children there. It's O.K but not marvelous.
My husband and I stayed there a couple of years ago. It is very golf orientated and didnt seem to have much for children also it is on the main road. The Road is a very fast one and the main complex is across this from the beach area, although there are bridges over.Would suggest that with children somewhere a little further inland might be an idea.Possibly further down the coast say Estepona , which has attractions like SELWO and good beach areas.Hope this is useful
DEFINATELY Miraflores without a doubt!!!
Hi there just looking at your letter. I would say Miraflores. Although you will not find apartments with built in entertainment you can choose what you want to do. Most of the apartment are privatey owned which is alway nicer than time share and large company places. You also get a better deal. My husband and I stayed at a beautiful apartment on the Los mijares complex in Miraflores we actually found it well was recommended it really from a member on Tripadvisers.com it was really nice. Great location close to everything but back off the busy road. The beach was only 5 mins away. It had under ground secure parking also a large pool area. I think there is going to be a gym this year. Have a look its at http://www.costaless-holidays.com

There are lots of other apartments in Miraflores and i think you'll be better off hear. Its also more stylish.

Hope this helps.
  • Edited by Jof 2005-10-21 10:38:42
Joff you can edit your post to correct the link, or post it again and i'll edit for you.

Sarah
thanks Sarah, Just geting use to it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.