Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Easyjet
20 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems and you did have my symapathy for a short while - until I reached ...."this is Liverpool what do you expect".... Just what do you mean? Or is this just more ill-informed scouse-bashing? Sorry, but even a scouser's sense of humour is stretched by useless comments like that :!:
Becky

Your being oversensitive. The comment was aimed at Liverpool Airport, not the City. Liverpool Airport still has a long way to go and my experience reinforced this view.
mickrory - sorry - read what you post. It does not state Liverpool Airport it refers to Liverpool alone. Nothing oversensitive in the reply. If you wish to post a full retraction/clarification, I will forgive you :!:
Further, I don't accept your comments about Liverpool airport, in any event - it is better than most airports. Your problem seems to be that easyjet called you to early - not an intrinsic fault of the airport itself.
It has to be said that the waiting areas in the gates served by Easy Jet are quite small and could be inadequate if there was a back up of too many passengers, including those waiting for their crew to arrive.

I've used Liverpool a fair few times recently, and whilst I agree that the airport has raised their standards considerably with the new terminal and facilities, the 'walk' from the buildings to the aircraft can be quite long, especially if your aircraft is on the far stand, and that you can get quite buffetted from the wind. Basel airport has now 'rearranged' the departure location for Easyjets flights, but the open air walk has been improved by building a wall and having a ridged plastic ceiling to keep the worst of the elements out. Perhaps Liverpool could investigate this.

I agree that the behaviour described of the smokers was irresponsible, but at Liverpool the apron does not seem to be well 'patrolled' - ie you can sometimes walk under the wing to reach the rear aircraft door .. a no no at every other Easyjet and Ryanair airport .....

No offence meant against Liverpudlians, but perhaps the airport could continue improving its services?
EZY cabin crew do up to 6 sectors a day, and subsequently they "bounce" off crewing other flights. Meaning, they land from say AMS into LPA, then have to get to the next gate and crew that flight from LPA to say AGP.

So if any of those flights are delayed, there is a knock on effect on the arrival of the cabin crew. Its not a staffing issue at all, its just the way it works with lo-co carriers.

Also crew work to very restricted hours, so if their incoming flight had a lengthy delay, this may put them out of hours for the next flight, meaning crew on SBY have to be called out to operate the flight.

Smoking on the ramp is not acceptable by any airline, more so if refuelling was taking place. Although quite a few airlines allow their crew to smoke at the rear of the aircraft out of the door on turnaround.
Quite concerned about this as the No smoking rule is enforced on normal airports once you leave the terminal building. But hey, this is Liverpool, what more can you expect?

So excuse me a minute, what is NOT normal about Liverpool Airport?? It is a tiny airport, not like Manchester or Heathrow. Im getting a little fed up of personal comments to either Liverpool, its residences etc. I am not being oversensitive before you make that comment again.

Did you ever watch 'AIRLINE' the program about EASYJET?? Well that fella that was always shown was ground crew at Liverpool and on more than one occasion was seen to really have a go at passengers who flout the no smoking rule while on the ground waiting to get on planes. Sure the gates are small, but its not like they have a string of Jumbos going through daily, it copes pretty well each day and I have flown from and into this particular airport on many occasion. Eberywhere has its problems, for pities sake will people on here just take a read of their posts before posting in an effort to stop non-intentional slagging off of peoples localities or local facilities, there is enough negativity in this country already.

:evil:
If his expectations of Liverpool and its airport were so low, why didn't he fly from somewhere else because no other airports have problems. Do they ?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:D 1st time with EJ at the weekend. Can't fault it actually. Plenty of room, 'Normal' cabin crew The boarding in sequence system is brilliant, no crush, no rush. Would fly with them again.

*Edit libellous comments removed - Glynis*
The people and their pounds have voted :!:
Liverpool JLA is one of the fastest growing airports in the UK - both on a percentage basis and total increase of passengers basis. It is now a hub for easyjet;Ryanair;Flybe;wizzair and vlm - also the number of charters and the routes they service has greatly increased.
If people were unhappy with using Liverpool JLA - they can demonstrate the ultimate sanction for any consumer - DO NOT USE IT. The facts however suggest a different picture.
Liverpool JLA is not the best airport in the world BUT is stands comparison with most airports.[/b]
Great, fab,have just flown with them again.Had no probs from checkin to recieving luggage.Will be using them again.Had more hassle with some of the charter airlines. :wave
I have recently flown with easyjet and would highly recommend them , no delays , and cabin crew were excellent, very professional.
Thank goodness for the last few comments on Easy! Never flown with them before, but we're booked to fly with them in August, so am very relieved to see some positive comments mixed in with the negs.

Admittedly we're flying from Stansted Airport, but I'm sure you get good and bad experiences with all airports. My worst ever was many years ago at Gatwick, when I had a 23 hour delay and had to spend the night in the airport - deep joy! Not something I'd like to repeat now that I have kids!

Sue x
I've flown many times with EasyJet, out of Liverpool John Lennon Airport; apart form one or two minor delays, I have had no problems whatsoever!
Have flown with easy jet a number of times now out of luton hadn no problems this end only a couple of hours delay at madrid once i personally would have no quarms using them again 8)
That's what I like to hear! :lol:
Am flying with EJ for the first time, from East Mids airport in a months time, have flown with other low cost airlines never had any problems :D will be taking a sarnie as dont expect there to be vegetarian choices, but usually buy a drink on board, always found the staff friendly and helpful on the low cost airlines
I fly with Easyjet every few weeks and have had no real problems. They are often up to half an hour late but depending on the length of the flight usually make up the time. The only problem is the scrum to get on the plane, they don't give out seat assignments so they give out numbers on boarding cards,and in theory those with low numbers are supposed to board first, but quite a few times they haven't followed this procedure and there is a rush to get on the plane.
Like you Judith I have flown Easyjet many times and would totally agree with you about the scrum to get on the plane. If they could sort that out I would have no complaints at all, and I suppose you gets what you pay for :D
My wife and I flew Easyjet Bristol/Barcelona last week... absolutely satisfied with the service, they did try to overcome the problem with boarding by allocating boarding groups depending on how early you checked in, but it became a bit of a farce at the gate, with people blatently queue jumping.....in all fairness though, the crew did their best to restore order but some people were getting sooooo stressed, mostly large groups of stags/hens who all wanted to sit together...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.