Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Elvis
29 Posts
Yep - Elvis is still on at the Loveboat...and just about every other pub in the area :evil:

Think its the same bloke as last year too, can't remember his name tho'

Ady
Well a bless a mah soul, a fan.
:P :P
We saw "Elvis" in the Love Boat pub last year. We thought he was very good, but there again, we had drunk a few drinks! Its a novelty when you first see him, but when you hear it every night you walk past, its a bit of a pain. :shock: Its a good laugh though, and im sure we will be visiting the Love Boat again next year, all 10 of us. My mother in law will love it! She will definately be at the front of the queue when he hands his scarves out!! :rofl
I thought Elvis worked down a chipshop?
Dave
Sorry to spoil everyone's day, but Elvis died in August 1977.
Are you sure ? he was in Protaras last year...

http://www.askcy.com/cyprus/067elvis.jpg
Think its the same Elvis as last year and he is still good,one thing I did notice was that all the Elvis's were after he had put his weight on and wore the OTT white suits,apart from the one at the Fools and Horses he was a young Elvis the way he was when he was in the army and he was fantastic!
In Protaras now they seem to have tributes to other singers including a Madonna,Robbie Williams,Kylie........Its getting a bit silly!!!....
Ady, thanks for your reply, only reason I was asking is because my wife and I found him really funny, more of a comedy act than a serious tribute, plus we also thought he was actually quite good. Went to Vegas earlier in the year and caught a couple of the Elvis acts whilst we were there, but we did not think they were as good as this guy, thanks anyway.
Anuone else got any more pearls of wisdom for me :P
I'm pretty sure that 'Elvis' in the Love Boat, is Eric Ray. Just got back :( from Protaras yesterday. We saw Elvis in Bells Cocktail Bar, he was v. funny, well recommended.

Also, Dean Saunders the hypnotist in the Love Boat (Tues & Sat) was very good and worth a watch.

K
Yeh the Elvis in the Love Boat is Eric Ray,saw the one in Bells very over the top but okay!.
If you are going to Protaras this year, dont miss Elvis at the Love Boat. He is very good, but if the same Tom Jones is on as last year, give him a miss. We thought he was awful, but it was still a laugh and a good night! :yipee
Kezzabelle/Keels, thanks for that info, much appreciated, only 4 weeks till we go, we can`t wait, thanks,

john
edwardes.m
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:40 pm Post subject:
Sorry to spoil everyone's day, but Elvis died in August 1977.

Did I?

Elvis Presley- Way back when -

We can't go on forever.
Someone told me that Elvis is also on the Steve Wright show on radio 2 most weeks when he is't working in the chipshop :?
Dave
Well if this topic carries on, he won't be in Cyprus thats for sure!

Kath HT Admin
Hi, Elvis in the love boat is math originally from barry south WALES. REALLY FUNNY ACT . ok you can get fed up with elvis but math makes his act funny and that is why he has been out there for years. Also does the tom jones act.
your on holiday so he makes light fun for your entertainment so you get to laugh and enjoy yourself rather than just listen to a singer inpersonater.
he sings the songs well but gets the kids and adults laughing. this is what i want when on holiday - if i want a serious inpersonater then i go to my local at home.
If your out in protaras go see math and see if u agree
We love Elvis and will put this on our list. Is the loveboat close by to the RisingStar apts?
Bit of a walk from the Rising Star cazz, but he will not be the only Elvis in Protaras you can be sure!
Has there been a change of "Elvis" in the Loveboat this year? It is usually Eric Ray who is also very funny. He has been there for the last 3 years that we have been going. Any info appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.