Just booked flights to Sydney for Xmas 2014 for my family, my wife and I are able to fly early Dec but my daughter and grandaughters were fixed in their dates, 13th dec to 03rd Jan. I wanted to book them on Emirates out of Glagow but the price of £1800 each was too steep, after trying all sorts such a London, Amsterdam etc with limited luck we tried Dublin and were able to get flights with Etihad, who we have used before , with good short transit times and a non stop leg from Abu Dhabi to Sydney for just over £1000.00. We were also able to book our seats there and then on Etihads website. The only snag was one of the flights EY 0450 pm Sunday 14th Dec Abu Dhabi-Sydney had a note that check in is required,when seats can be picked, the other three legs we were able to select the seats right away
The flight in question is listed as being on a Airbus 346 so I am at a loss to explain why seat selection for that one flight has been denied. Apart from that we are more than happy with the price a saving of over £700 per flight has anyone any suggestions why this one flights seat selection is being withheld ?
Alan